Possible Custodes cone heads

Inache

After being bombarded by the new High Elves over the last few weeks it finally clicked that most of the WHFB High Elf units that just got released all have cone heads going on. Especially the White Lions. So comparetivly speaking, how does size stack up from those to a Tac Squad Space Marine body?

Not too dissimilar, they are a bit more gracile, but the helmets look the part and High Elves tend to be taller than Fantasy humans anyway - and the heads on Fantasy humans are around teh same size as Marine heads...

In fact a previous Custodes custom build used Swordmaster heads so I don't see why not...

Yeah, the High Elves seem to have some good bits for the project. White lions get those nice lil tufts at the top of their squid heads which are pretty similar to the iconic red tassels of the Custodes. Phoenix guard may look better in some circumstances as their helmets have those wings, which seem more fitting (in general) than the lion faces on the front of the WL helms. The wings may make some poses a bit tricky though, I don't have any available to test fit with.

There are a couple of new Dark Eldar heads which could be fun to tinker with, too. A couple of the Kabal warrior heads are helms with little tassels at the peak, and I rather like the sweeping, sharp edged details around the eyes and such. Only a few out of the box would be easily adaptable though, so it probably isn't as cost effective as using the HE from fantasy.

One of the companies that makes 40k bits (which are naturally not 40k bits) has made custode heads I think. Can't remember which one but I thought I would tell you just in cae. On the note of high elves I've seen a number of custode armies made with high elf heads.

Archived