Brand new to 40K and the Unforgiven

Chaplain Haladriel

Hi all!

I am brand new to playing 40K and DA. Not to say I havent read the fluff since I was a teen, but never played the game. I have been studying these forums and lists for my army I have been amassing. Just thought I could look to some more Veteran Battle Brothers for list advice/tactics etc.

I love the idea of a multi-wing army, and it really makes the most sense. Its all about combined operations for todays military and I think I could embody that into my DA army. I like the "blitzkrieg" style of the RW, combined with the CC power of the DW, I need help to tie all that together into my army.

What I have

HQ

Terminator Interrogator-Chaplain (of course!)

DW Terminator Capt. with SB and Pwr Sword

Elites

5x DW Terminators

1 AC/1 CF

1 Sgt w Pwr Sword

Troops

Tactical Squad-10 man

1 melta/1flamer/1missile

Sgt with PF

Tactical Squad-10 man

1 plasma gun/1 missile

Sgt with PF

Comabt Squad-5 man

Fast Attack

Assault Squad- 10 man

2x plasma

Sgt with Pwr Axw + Shield/ Melta bombs

Transport

Rhino with SB/extra armour

I also have 10 Scouts= 5 snipers/1 missile/1 HB, rest with bolters maybe split them up for various missions or whatever.

What I have so far puts me around the 1485 mark points wise, but I feel this army is lacking in key areas, chiefly anti-tank and dreads.

I have a Deathwing element but I would like to field a dedicated CC unit, that will be backed by the assault marines.

Any suggestions on what I should buy to get this army right? I love the idea of the RW LS Support Squadron, and am not too fond of the bikes. I also think I need dreads stat! I was thinking one for anti-tank and one of anti-infantry. I eventually want to have about 2000-3000 pts but 2000 is the goal for now.

I have alot of questions I know, but the sooner I can figure this out the sooner the enemies of the Emperor shall fall!!

Thanks in advance for ANY help/tips/advice you can think of!!

I like your set up so far. The DW squad is set up OK for a generic all-purpose unit. I'd add an Apothecary too though. A purpose-built cc DW squad has its uses but consideration must be given to how you deploy it to get into cc quickly (Crusader :lol:; Deep Strike ;); footslog ;)) as each option means a different overall balance as they require additional items added to the list.

To be honest it's the bikes that you're not fond of that gives you that "blitzkrieg" element. Speeders have a long reach yes but are fragile. I always personally prefer the bikes – if only as a means of getting the excellent Attack Bike. The bikes also give you a resonable method of bringing in your DW squads.

Cheers

I

Archived