Dewi's Space Wolves

Dewi Sant

Thanks for the comments, Have just downed that ale. :eek

Outer stripes were done with Tamiya 6mm masking tape and my air brush and lots of perseverance. Tamiya 6mm tape is the bomb. I never use normal household masking tape as the tac (stickiness) is too great and it has the scope to mess up all your hard work. Trust me, I learnt the hard way.

The stripes on the door were painted by hand. Ron has a fantastic tutorial over at his blog From The Warp This is well worth adding to your list of blogs.

Thanks for the armour chipping technique, i will deffinatley give it a go on one of my old rhinos and see how it goes on the land raider after that.

As for sonic cleaners, im not sure where to get one. I just saw it being used at battle bunker and was impressed with the results. In any case google should have the answers!

If you do show up on wednesday ill be there, working away on a land raider getting it ready for a tournament being held there this saturday.

Great work on the Drop Pod brother! A little too much hazard stripes for my personal taste when opened, but still formidably achieved.

Also really promising looking Rhino you got sitting on your desk, I'm keen to see it done.

Keep it right up there!-And of course...have some Ale on me brother ;) !

Great game tonight mate, your army looks much better in person.

Yeah it was a great game, that mission set up was hardcore. I'll be in next Wed if you want another.

Thanks for the comments on the army, it will look better when its all painted. I'm going to be putting in some hard hrs of painting this week so will hopefully get a squad of hunters finished off.

Your Ragnar rocks, not only is he nicely painted but he is a killing machine!! Good luck in the tournament on the weekend.

• 7 months later...

Well the big move is finally over and I don't have much time to finish off my pledge for the winter advance.

Here is the first of my W.I.P photos of my RP

gallery_43798_5392_39818.jpg

I'm hoping to have his face finished before the close of play today.

I will be posting more pics soon. I will also post a few pics of my battle foam that arrived just days before I was due to move! For those that haven't seen the custom battle foam trays or dealt with the company, you really don't know what you are missing out on!!!!

Don't worry Forte, still plenty of Ale to be found.

OK, So I have done the Rune Priests face, hair and little pouch thing, wolf skull and and the runes on the force wpn are done. Not to sure about the glowing effect though what do you think? Wolf pelt needs another wash and then picking out the edges of the fur with bleached bone.

gallery_43798_5392_58278.jpg

The Land Raider is starting to come along, all the recesses have been shaded and some details picked out on the hull.

gallery_43798_5392_76683.jpg

gallery_43798_5392_50468.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

seen as I believe it's around 6pm over there chap I'll pass ya an evnin beer (of whichever draft) though as an aussie we all know it's Fosters haha

priesty boys looking great, although I agree not too sure about the force weapon - maybe see about spreading the effect more and adding lighter possibly white highlights in the center of each line.

the crusader's looking really nice :lol: the red's a little bright (I prefer the one on your RP) but overall it really does look lovely mate - keep going brother.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Beef & Deathshroud:

Thanks for the comments about the pods, only another 5 to finish!!

@ Gilljoy:

I follow the recipe that

from Awesome Paint Job uses for the armour. If you need anymore info on the rest of the colours that I use just give me a shout.

@ Russ Brother 92 & Nadir:

You guys were right about the power weapon, I started again and am a lot happier with the outcome.

Ok, so thats another vow completed. I had fun painting the RP and tired to push my painting further than before, I hope it shows. I even had time to paint a Chooser of the Slain.

gallery_43798_5392_603097.jpg

gallery_43798_5392_598633.jpg

gallery_43798_5392_255570.jpg

gallery_43798_5392_725417.jpg

gallery_43798_5392_1026248.jpg

gallery_43798_5392_58345.jpg

gallery_43798_5392_474548.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

The latest stuff looks fantastic.

So its black, black + codex grey at 50:50, then pure codex grey?

Do you use les's washes just wondering because your tanks have a nice blue-ish tinge to them which I really like the look of. Or atleast they do to me lol

You got it mate. I do use his wash, you can now buy it from Secret Weapon Miniatures or make it you self like I do. Les has done an video explaining how he makes them.

For the vehicles I mix 20 drops of the black ink used to make the above wash into 1 pot of Adaptus Battle Grey and thin this down Tamiya acrylic thinners (available in most good model stores) so I can run it though my airbrush. If you can find the thinners you can use Windex or just water. Make sure you strain the paint first though because I have found that the GW foundation paints can have some bits of thick paint in them that can block the airbrush.

Once primed black and the above mix is applied I start to dry brush the whole of the vehicle with the following:

1. Adaptus Battle Grey

2. Codex Grey

3. Fortress Grey

Once this is done I add the shading and the detail.

As for the blue colour I can only put that down to my iPhone....lol

You got it mate. I do use his wash, you can now buy it from Secret Weapon Miniatures or make it you self like I do. Les has done an video explaining how he makes them.

For the vehicles I mix 20 drops of the black ink used to make the above wash into 1 pot of Adaptus Battle Grey and thin this down Tamiya acrylic thinners (available in most good model stores) so I can run it though my airbrush. If you can find the thinners you can use Windex or just water. Make sure you strain the paint first though because I have found that the GW foundation paints can have some bits of thick paint in them that can block the airbrush.

Once primed black and the above mix is applied I start to dry brush the whole of the vehicle with the following:

1. Adaptus Battle Grey

2. Codex Grey

3. Fortress Grey

Once this is done I add the shading and the detail.

As for the blue colour I can only put that down to my iPhone....lol

Brilliant sounds relatively straight forward.

Shall have to order some stuff from Secret weapons and pick up there soft body black wash.

Thanks for the help

If you planning on painting a large force its better if you make the wash yourself. You can pick up the Ink on the internet cheap. I have even used it in my airbrush. You will also need the ink for making the vehicle undercoat. It comes in a dropper bottle so its easy to dispense.

• 3 years later...

It's been far too long brothers, time to get back on top of keeping a track of my Space Wolves

While I have my have been quiet, my hand haven't been idle.

I have built and painted a Necron and a Tau army (we won't talk any more about that :p) and I have added to my space wolves collection large .

I am currently in the process of changing all the shoulder pads for Ragnars company from transfers/free hand too the new upgrade kit. I have also finished my take on Ragner, who I will post up later today.

your stuff looks great mate. Da iawn!

also great choice emigrating to OZ. wish i could do the same lol.

also, I feel hazard stripes are the way forward. Yours look great, but you need them army wide lol smile.png

Look forward to seeing more.

your stuff looks great mate. Da iawn!also great choice emigrating to OZ. wish i could do the same lol.also, I feel hazard stripes are the way forward. Yours look great, but you need them army wide lol :)Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks mate, plenty more hazard stripes on the way just trying to find a good way of weathering them without looking stupid.

My Ragnar conversion will be up tomorrow. And I promis you its not just one of those crapy ones using the new kit ;)

All brilliant work, esp. love the Wulfen! The tanks are ace as well; I like the no-nonsense vibe. Not too many Wolfy-bits, but enough to get the character across. Very well done!

Archived