Brother Sergeant Rafen

Vairocanum

i finished reading Black Tide a couple weeks ago after the urging of my friends claiming that it was better than the previous novels. it was ok in my opinion. im going to try and make a Rafen just for fun. ive got most of him done except for the head and a couple tweaks left. i'd like some help clarifying some things. im pretty sure that the space marine on the cover of black tide is Rafen, but his face looks kind of different from the space marine on the cover of blood angels onibus (which according to lexicanum is Rafen). so my question is does he have long or short hair, what hair color, and is he missing an eye (on the cover of black tide the space marine has a bionic eye). thanks in advance for your help.

You have to post a pic. I was tempted to make my Company Captain Rafen. The beauty of the hobby is you can make him any way you want! But I don't believe he is missing an eye, reguardless it's up to you. Did you make the Twin Core Plasma Pistol?

here are the pics of the book covers:

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/Rafen.jpg

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/Blacktide.jpg

and on the cover of black tide the twin core plasma pistol looded pretty big compared to other plasma pistols (well in my opinion at least). so i have converted one. ill post a pic of what i have so far tomorrow if i have time.

I'd base a conversion on the look of the marine on the omnibus cover. Can't explain exactly why but just feels like how a Blood Angel should look while the black tide cover pic makes me think it's an adaptation of a pic of the Emp from somewhere (collected visions?) due to the lightening bolts on the chestplate and the overall pose

I thought the illustrations on the two recent Blood Angels books show some of the chapter masters from the big attack. They have individual heraldry, for instance. Rafen is surely the man on the omnibus.

All Blood Angels have long-ish blonde hair, surely.

well, in black tide rafen lost his bolter, and he found a plasma pistol belonging to a dead blood angels captain (whose body and wargear were never recovered) and started using it. and as for the recent books, im pretty sure red fury has some chapter master or captain on it but on the cover of black tide im pretty sure its rafen (though i could be wrong). its because of the plasma pistol that i think its rafen. there is a pretty good description of the pistol in the book and I think it matches with the pistol on the front cover. rafen is the only one who used a plasma pistol in that particular book so i can only assume that it’s him.

I thought the illustrations on the two recent Blood Angels books show some of the chapter masters from the big attack. They have individual heraldry, for instance. Rafen is surely the man on the omnibus.

All Blood Angels have long-ish blonde hair, surely.

IIRC, a HH book describes Sanguinius as having long, raven-black hair.

Ridiculous but yeah. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. PLEASE.

Simple, when they encounter the earth caste Tau in the begining of "Black Tide", Rafen removes his helmet. He is described as having long, dark hair.

And as far as them having blonde hair goes, I have black guys in my blood angels army, should they have blonde hair? imagian dennis rodman as a marine :tu:

ok i checked black tide and it did say he has long shoulder length dark hair. so im assuming its brown or black hair. ill take a pic of what i have so far as soon as i can find out where i put him on my work table (its way too cluttered)

Archived