Using Bikers

BigBaals

Anyone using bikers? I'm loving my attack bikes and I'm wondering how Scout Bikers and Regular Bikers are fairing. I have 3 attack bikes now, but should I get a squad of regular bikers, scout bikers, or more attack bikes? The scout bikes have the locater beach option, but with DoA I don't know if that's needed even with Vangaurd. The cluster mines and grenade launchers seem like decent upgrades also. A priest on a bike seems like a pretty solid choice too. When my attack bikes are near my priests they are even harder to kill and smack rear armor harder if the MM misses.

How do you run your bikers?

Here is my current list:

Mephiston

Honor Guard MM/SS,MM/SS,PF/SS,PW/SS

Assault Squad, PW MG, Razorback AC x2

Assault Squad, PW Flm, Razorback LC

Assault Squad x10 MGx2, PF

Priest PW

Terminators AC

Attack Bike x3

Vindicator

Devastator MLx4

I generally have about 230-250 points that I play with every game. In this current incarnation the Terminators are the unit I'm looking to replace.

I was looking at scout bikes w/ asartes launchers - rapid firing str 6 or str3 blast (something I am lacking in my mech BA) looked quite nice - then I decided I am going to playtest x5 bikers w/ x1 attack bike (x2 MG x1 MM in this). Though the idea of a 100 point unit of scouting - turbo boosting str6 rapid firing bikes to back armor does feel like it would work well with baals searching for side armor/rear.

Bikers in your list add quite a nice balance I think - reminds me a bit of morticons tourney list, nothing spammy, nice balance.

I think that bikes can play a great role in a jumper army. But you need alot of them, I would say 2 full squads w/ attacks bikes. Then you can use your bikes to screen your jumpers giving a cover save, then to tie up the enemy and leave your RAS to counter charge, or hold objectives, it is tricky and requires some finesse, but I think it would be a ton of fun to combine the two....

Ashton

Archived