Big Swords

Khavos

I'm a little tired of tiny power swords in general, but as I'm working on converting some Sanguinary Guard and the Sanuinor - all of whom use Glaives Encarmine - I wanted to get some decent-looking two-handers. The only options I've seen so far are the swords wielded by Bloodletters with the spiky bits filed off and a different cross guard...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QAqwRWrniUQ/SYMCmBIuWzI/AAAAAAAAAYI/vReHY8KfmXQ/s400/100_0530.jpg

Or the one wielded by the Forge Wold Inquisitor Rex model.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/HecRex4.jpg

Both would obviously require some conversion, so I'm wondering if I'm missing some obvious better alternatives out there.

The Emperor's Champion sword is pretty long, from the Command Squad kit. So is the Space Marine Commander's.

Dark Angels Chief-Librarian Ezekiel also has a relatively long one, and it's pretty fancy.

As well as Chaos Warriors from WFB - that sword looks good even on terminator models.

I've used the Emperor's champion sword as a relic blade in the past, nice and imposing, plus held in a conversion friendly single handed grip. It does have some engraving on it though that could use filling if you prefer.

GK brother captain stern also has a nice big sword though his grip on it is "at rest" so it may be more difficult to use.

The AoBR captain's powersword is really quite large and can suffice easily for a relic blade or glaive encarmine. It's also conviently a seperate piece from the rest of the model.

You could also consider converting some more varied spear like weapons using power weapon blades on a handle of plastic rod or made from a terminator or PA TH shaft. I have an Iron Warrior power weapon aspiring champion who has a power spear made from the techmarine power axe handle and arm and a terminator sergeant power sword blade pinned in place of the axe.

Archived