Paint Scheme Assistance Required

Howdy!

Below is a paint scheme I devised, but I need to figure out a few things. The bluey-gray (the majority of the armor)is a very nice silver lacquer, Tamiya AS-12 Bare-Metal Silver, with a neat black-lining in person. Does this paint scheme already belong to an existing chapter? It seems familiar to me. Also, I'm not keen on keeping eagles, skulls and the like blue... any ideas on a good color?

sm.php?b62c=@hYbiB_hbUc8.hyvFn@@@@___hGxVO@.@@__@@@@@@@@@@@_@_@@@@@@@@@@@..@@@___@@@@@@@.h1VNS&grid=TRUE

Looks alot like the White Consuls and the Praetors of Orpheus I think. It's the blue trim that does it I think.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...rue&start=2 very near bottom on the right is a White Consul.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Praetors_of_Orpheus and here's the Praetors scheme

:P

Hmm, perhaps a light purple might work like below:

sm.php?b62c=@hYbiB_hzOfe.hyvFn@@@@___iaigX_haLvy@@__@@@@@@@@@@@_@_@@@@@@@@@@@..@@@___@@_@@@@.iakk7&grid=TRUE

Or perhaps a darkish green:

sm.php?b62c=@hYbiB_hcLAt.hyvFn@@@@___hE4kM_.@@__@@@@@@@@@@@_@_@@@@@@@@@@@..@@@___@@_@@@@.iakk7&grid=TRUE

What symbol do you use or plan on using? Remember there are 1000 chapter out there, so chapters will look similar bar some minor differences so don't worry if your guys look similar.

Cambrius

I've decided to forgo the trim as it is not only super-common but I despise painting trim. I considered green, but you've got the Silver Skulls. Purple.. maybe. Necron Abyss with something lighter might be good, so long as it's bluer than red perhaps.

Anywho, here's the refined idea. I am using some Black Reach dudes and don't wish to file off the arrows, so... Bare-Metal Silver for the body, Mordian Blue for the head with Scorpion Green eyes. Boltgun metal (washed dark) for weaponry and eagles maybe? Black for markings.

I figure a simple skull should work for a chapter symbol, perhaps. Undecided.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=...spacemarine.jpg

I think a skull would be a great choice for the chapter, if for no other reason than skull decals, bitz & shoulder pads abound which should make customising the look of the army a snap.

As for the paint scheme, I kinda like the silver/white with blue accents, I think if it's a very silver metallic in real life you won't have any real confusion with the Silver Skulls, Consuls or Praetors...

Thanks for the support. B)

My one hurdle is that my old battery-consuming digital camera finally died, so I have to coordinate with friends to get pictures. But I hope that tonight I may have enough time to get a prototype done... mainly becuase I'm afraid that boltgun metal painted along with the gleaming bare-metal silver might look crappy...

He's done, and looks pretty sweet. I did his leather case bits in gunmetal like the bolter and skulls to show a "tuffcase" sorta deal (although I might switch to nonmetallic gray if I do scouts). I took extra time highlighting the blue helmet, since the rest of the mini is black lining and faint dry brushing. ;)

I will put up a picture when I am able!

Archived