Shooting question

Redfinger

This question came up the other night, wasn't sure how to handle it.

I had a unit of SG that fired 2 IP's into a rhino, the second shot got a pin and the rhino exploded, all my models made saves, he lost 2. I then wanted to proceed and shoot the rest of my bolters into the remianing troops with those units who did not fire. My argument was that the unit was not finished firing, that is why the bolters didn't fire, I have found no rule that says that refrences differnt models within a unit firing, thought I could fire, he thought I couldn't bcause the unit had aready had it's "chance" to fire.

If you follow what I am saying and provde clarifacation in addition to page numbers in the rule book that would be very much apreciated....

Ashton

Hi Redfinger,

Im affraid when a unit fires the whole unit fires at a target they cannot split their fire. It is not really explained very well in the rules, best part i can find is page 16 at the bottom under "Which models can fire" it states:

A player may choose not to fire with certain models if

he prefers (as some models may have one-shot

weapons, for example). This must be declared before

checking range, as all of the models in the unit fire at

the same time.

Thus if you fired with your IPs then im affraid you chose "not to fire with certain models".

Mudpuppet

I'm not sure if I'm following your question correctly but here is what I believe is the answer:

Page 67 of the rulebook says

"Note: remember that all models in a single unit fire simultaneously, so a squad cannot take out a transport with it's lascannon and then mow down the occupants with their bolters."

The same paragraph then continues on to explain that you can assault the unit after destroying the transport.

In-other-words, you entire unti counts as having shot at the transport. If you destroy the transport on the first shot then your remaining shots are just lost.

Does this answer your question?

"Note: remember that all models in a single unit fire simultaneously, so a squad cannot take out a transport with it's lascannon and then mow down the occupants with their bolters."

Ah! Thats the quote i was looking for, what the devils it doing in the vehicles section. Good job finding that.

Mudpuppet

I'm not sure if I'm following your question correctly but here is what I believe is the answer:

The same paragraph then continues on to explain that you can assault the unit after destroying the transport.

In-other-words, you entire unti counts as having shot at the transport. If you destroy the transport on the first shot then your remaining shots are just lost.

Does this answer your question?

Yeah makes snes but is poor mechanincs, if fire happens simul, then those bolter shots should count, but if it is in the rules it is in the rules...

Thanks

Ashton

Archived