Hello Dark Lords

Lone Scout

I have tonight turned to the darkside after finding Skyrar's Dark Wolves. What an awesome chapter (brotherhood?) do we use the term chapter?

I'm wondering what fluff exists for this chapter and if any of it is cannon. I found on this site well thought out fluff from a then 13yo(well done lad :) ) There is also some different fluff on lexican...is any of it cannon or is it all fan based?

If it is all fan based I could write something different (re which company left fenris and why) and it would just add to the confusion which is totally chaotic??!!

So if there is any other sources of good fluff out there (or indeed GW fluff) could you please point me in the right direction.

Regards

LS

i think ive read the same stuff and cant find anything else as you have not. but you can always make up your own. i think its best to make up your own stories for you armies and heroes. it helps you be motivated and immersed in your army and the hobby. i feel you get more out of the game that way. wether its building your newest demon prince, aspring champs for your squads or making the list you want to fit your warband.

There isn't any 'real' fluff on them as in never mentioned by name in novels or codex.

There are some fluff 'pointing' at renegade Space Wolves, but never a hard line like "they are the Skyrar's Dark Wolves".

One mention is in the Chaos Codex of Space Wolves turning on their brothers when Huron Blackheart attack the Heart of Fenris and joined the Red Crossairs. There is no official mention if they became true Red Crossairs or created a subgroup with own collors named Skyrar's Dark Wolves. But if you look under Skyrar's Dark Wolves, there is a mention: first sighting in Fenris sector. This is mere speculation though, no offical prove.

A second mention to traitor Space Wolves is in the apocalypse books, where a Chaos Lord is in command of a traitor Emperors Wolves warband. Again no mention if these are the Skyrar's Dark Wolves.

GW encourages people to create their own fluff for warbands and traitors, example: They give a painting scheme, but no fluff. And in my opinion, Skyrar's Dark Wolves are just that. So, just go out there and multipl... I mean, create your own fluff story.

Good luck too you mate! (ps, I also have a Skyrar Dark Wolves warband)

I don't know the fluff, but I'd assume Khorne followers. I've got a friend who is doing some Dark Wolves. I suggested using Wulfen models for Possessed and Chosen, but he took it a step further. Pretty much every single model is a Wulfen, to represent the Khornate side of them, and his Lord has an amazing amount of fur and 'wolf'-like bitz on it.

I've been searching for something on the Dark Wolves myself as I'm looking for a scheme for my latest artscale project. I just checked out the reference in the Dornian Heresy (thanks Strike Captain Lysimachus) and I gotta say I find it the most appealing piece background fluff. I won't spoil it for anyone interested but it's definitely worth checking out.

Archived