Vairocanum's WIP Stuff

Vairocanum

Haha, thanks. But my gs work is still far from masterful. But at least I've come a long way from making gs landmines that somehow ended up looking like pie... Anyways, I see what you mean by the dp's legs. I'll dig out my old metal dp and see if I can use those legs.

Haha, thanks. But my gs work is still far from masterful. But at least I've come a long way from making gs landmines that somehow ended up looking like pie... Anyways, I see what you mean by the dp's legs. I'll dig out my old metal dp and see if I can use those legs.

'looks sideways at the terminators' You sure you wouldn't want to GS it?

well after you brought that detail to my mind ive been thinking what i could have done with the skinny legs, i could have tried to gs it but now ive decided to keep them for something else. i want to make my own beast of nurgle (cause i dont really like the one from gw) and i think the dp legs will work fairly well.

pics of some regular tactical dg marines will be up tomorrow sometime (only if i dont forget to take pics).

ok so i now have my second and third dg marine done now. the khorne champion is an idea ive had for a while now. basically he's a marine that really likes fighting and one day his legs got really bad nerve damaging and he couldnt even stand properly anymore. the apothecary told him he would never walk again and because it was nerve damage he couldnt even be given augmetics or bionic legs. long story short, he went crazy and started killing everyone of his comrades. khorne was pleased by the carnage and granted him new legs. (this is just bad fluff to explain why only his legs are mutated) C&C is appreciated

gallery_50606_5928_3053785.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_2959043.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_656147.jpg

Brother Dakath: thanks, but unfortunately i dont have the marduk anymore. my friend really wanted it so i traded it to him for some bits and a pedro kantor.

i really wanted to do a conversion with the metal veteran after i saw lorenzen's amazing looking captain. i finally found mine yesterday and i started to work on him. this is what i have right now, i still need to smooth out the gs work. the thing on his chest plate was my sorry attempt at making flames. im not sure what else i should add though. i kinda like the helmet that i made but i not sure if it looks alright to anyone else, so some C&C would be great on how the helmet looks.

gallery_50606_5928_2303501.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_1549922.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_1355422.jpg

First, awesome idea, man, he looks cool as hell! Second, for the flames on the chest, I'd reshape them to be a touch more 'squiggly', if that makes sense, lol. Last, the helm looks awesome, but like you said, you might want to add a touch more greenstuff to the join between the lizard-frill and the helm actual to smooth 'em out. As always, uttery inspiring work, brother. Great job!

Yup. Doghouse is right (as usual - due to being übercool) - you have some very nice conversions in here. Good stuff. I especially dig your nurgle-stuff and your kneeling loyalist. Keep it up and post more mate ....

Cheers :cuss

/lb/

I love that Salamander captain model! He looks pretty sweet, normally I'm not a fan of the lizard helmets but I think it looks great, is there a way we can get some other angle-shots on the helm? Also, what bits/how did you make that helmet?

1000heathens: thanks for the suggestions and support as always. ive tried to make the flames more "squiggly" but i dont know how it turned out. ill get pictures of it once i charge my camera.

PLASTICHEAD: thanks, im happy you like my conversions and yes doghouse is ubercool

Nighthunters: thanks, your models are looking really great too but i wanna see more HQ models from you (though you might already have all the hq you need).

Dorns_fist: thanks, im glad that ive got the pose right. i wanted to put a busted dark eldar head on the base to make it look more badass but no one i know plays dark eldar so i dont know how im going to get one...

Brother Dakath: thanks, the head is made up of a beaky helmet, one of the wolfheads from the older spacewolf back pack, and the frill thingy from a dark elf corsair cape, and greenstuff ofcourse. and ill try and get some more different angle shots of the helmet once my camera is charged.

Dorns_fist: well i could always bits order one as well (i dont really use ebay that much), but i dont want to only order a head. i usually wait till i have a suitible amount of bits needed before ordering.

-Max-: thanks, im happy you like them

Brother Dakath: as Dorns_fist said, you could always try ebay. failing that, you could get the spacewolves accesory sprue from gw. i dont know where you're from but its $12 in canada. a bit pricey if you only want the backpack, but it comes with other useful bits as well.

something is wrong with my camera (i probably screwed up some of the setting). will try and have my camera sorted out asap.

Oh, damn, man, that is a fantastic pose and really imaginative conversion work. My only criticism would be that I think you should smooth the gaps between elements a little more with greenstuff - the space between the helmet and the crest is especially notable. Otherwise, though, brilliant work! ;)

• 7 months later...

@Lexington&Draakur: thanks a lot, im glad you like him!

its been many months since ive modelled anything now. while i have bought some bits, and models to convert but i never got around to actually doing it. but a few weeks ago i saw noctus cornix's night lord champion made from the new vampire counts krell, and it was enough motivation to get me off my butt and dig out my own model and work on it. its nearing completion now, but im not quite sure what more to add/change. any comments on if i messed up anywhere (mistakes with green stuff, bits etc.) are greatly appreciated

Front:

gallery_50606_5928_2141672.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_1183028.jpg

Clear(er) shot of legs:

gallery_50606_5928_506371.jpg

Back:

gallery_50606_5928_1644085.jpg

I'd agree. The legs need a little tweaking but besides that he just needs some pre-painting prep. Anyway, very characterful model there. Unique. :tu:

@NightHunters : thanks for the tip, i didnt notice it at first :rolleyes:

@Olisredan: thanks, im happy i managed to make my model unique

Most recently i have been working on a true scale typhus (which has shown me how much i hate working with metal). i still have a quite a bit to do and touch up before it is finished, but i have enough progress for some photos now. (but i have to apologize for the poor quality of the photos because the only camera i have access to currently is my phone camera)

also, the angle of the legs looks a little strange in the picture but that is only because of my poor photography skills.

gallery_50606_5928_238022.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_365192.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_184370.jpg

gallery_50606_5928_167194.jpg

Archived