Metal monkeying

Long story short, I need a large-size female character for my Space Marine Chapter. I was considering using Games Workshop's Daemon Huntress from the Inquisition range, but fluffwise, the purity seals and servo-skull and Inquisitorial logos make no sense to be included.

My actual question is: what are the best tools for the job and what is the best way to acquire them for this one use?

Remember the Benevolent Warp-entity thread? Well, it identifies itself as female (based loosely upon the Babylonia/Sumerian/Akkadian goddess Ishtar), and I'm hoping to use her in-game, using the Sanguinor's rules. To do this, however, requires an appropriate model that--well, she's a goddess, and needs to look suitably impressive. The power armor isn't really necessary except for WYSIWYG freaks and to help tie her in visually with the rest of the force. I was also considering the Callidus assassin, but that would require more conversion work than simply removing regalia, and the other ladies in that range just don't fit the bill.

So, in short, it's just that that particular girl is perfect for my purposes save only that she has all of that extra baggage.

The Death Cult girls don't fit her theme at all, and I just personally don't like the Lady Jena model--I mean, it's a good model, I just don't like her for this purpose (or in general, for that matter, but still).

Actually, I should have a look around those bitz-sites. If they have any swords (or similar) of good size, I could use Barbaretta[/b]

I'd imagine the servo-skull is a separate piece so I wouldn't worry too much about that, if not it looks like it could be cut off without too much trouble though you'd likely need to repair wherever it's actually joined too.

The shaft of the halberd is probably easier to replace as well with plastic or brass rod, just clip everything below the hand and replace.

As for the purity seals and =][= logos, well, you either Dremel them off or sand/file/scrape 'em off by hand I guess. Dremel would be the fastest but if you don't have one and can't borrow one that's obviously an issue. Having said that knock-off Dremels/rotary power tools from other brands and even some of the basic actual Dremels aren't that expensive these days so it may still be a reasonable solution. A basic rotary tool can found for as little as $20-25 on eBay and it'd do the job I should think.

Otherwise prepare to scrape off as much as you can with a hobby knife, file the worst of the rest off and then use varying grades of sandpaper to get a clean smooth finish. Frankly, given how long that'd take I'd splurge $25 for a Dremel, even if you only earn five bucks an hour you'll probably come out ahead and still have a rotary tool at the end of it...

I'd imagine the servo-skull is a separate piece so I wouldn't worry too much about that, if not it looks like it could be cut off without too much trouble though you'd likely need to repair wherever it's actually joined too.

Frankly, given how long that'd take I'd splurge $25 for a Dremel, even if you only earn five bucks an hour you'll probably come out ahead and still have a rotary tool at the end of it...

Thank you very much, sir! Exactly what I was looking for!

Archived