Death Company helmet eye lens color..

tahrikmili

I know the studio DC have red eyes.. and I think they already have A LOT of Red on them.. and the eyes could add some really nice contrast..

So has anyone painted green or blue eyes on their DC? Share photos? :confused:

I paint red helmets with green eyes and blue helmets with red eyes, so black helmets with blue eyes would be a nice break.. but I can't be sure if it would work well or not.

I paint the eyes of my DC's Red and I guess I would do the lenses the same or at least green. GW painted Lemartes with blue eyes in White Dwarf, it looks nice but for me not really BA - like so I painted my Lemartes with green eye lenses. Anyway I guess it's up to you. Blue eyes on DC's will look different thats for sure...

I was thinking about this the other day actually when painting my vets. But I would really think DC would have either red/green lenses and in a big mob of them it shouldn't be unusual to see both. Simply because according to fluff, the afflicted space marine has his armour painted black. So say a tactical marine with a red helm and green lenses fell to the rage, then surely his helm would be black but his lenses green. And by contrast, say a dev marine with a blue helm and red lenses...You see where I'm going with this. There you have 2 marines from different squads and different lenses put into one squad.

Really I think it wouldn't look right in a squad so I paint mine red just because red and black have been the image I see when I think of DC.

I vote for green, for a few reasons. Black is the predominant tone (note a colour) of the model and is irrelevant to the overall finish of te paint job. Red Saltires, Blood drops and sometimes lanyards fill out the majority of the model. Red draws the eyes to the various elements of a Death Co. figure. Green, being the 'Complementary' colour of green works extremely well as a spot colour.

(Green is on the opposite side of the theoretical colour wheel and incidentally can be used to darken red naturally without muddying the shade like black).

In percentage values 75% of your figure is black (a tone = irrelevant) 24% red (consider tis as your main colour for saltires/blood drops etc.) and the final 1% Green to draw the focus to the face plate (complementary colour used sparingly to accentuated points of interest and give balance to the figure).

Further on the point of balance you could employ a green comlpemetary colour or even a tertiary colour (a colour either the warm or cold side of green on the wheel i.e. yellow-green for warm or blue-green for cool.

Consider that the majority of actual colour on the figure is already a the very warm scale (red), cool spot colours as mentioned, are a very good choice. Ultimately it's up to you mate, I just thought I'd provide some evidence to back up my reason for voting green. :)

My regular marines have green lenses and my old DC have read lenses. If I were to purchase new DC I would probably paint their lenses green. Goes with the rest of the army and as it has been pointed out by Carnus Caedes the DC already have a lot of red and green would be a nice highlight.

I think purple should be reserved for germs or something else. IMO the blue on Lemartes and the leagion of the Damm sergeant look a little out of place.

Green for me, makes a nice contrast to black/red and ties in with the rest of my army :) also from a fluff point of view it says the repaint their armour black with red crosses, mentions nothing about tinting eye lenses lol :D

This.

Mine will have green lenses.

I noticed in my codex last night, on the livery page all of the helmet colors have green lenses. I also agree that the green is an xcellent contrast for the red and would look sharp with the black armor.

Archived