Epistolary

Right so i'm in the process of changing my list (again) afteri decided that while meph was good and soaked fire he wasn't adding much to the army. What i have decided to run with is an epistolary lib with Sword, Shield or Rage and a Jump Pack.

The rest of the list is as follows:

Sanguinor

Librarian, Epistolary, Jump Pack

RAS, 2 melta's, fist

RAS, 2 Melta's, fist

RAS (5), Meltagun

Sanguinary Guard, Fist, 2 Infernus Pistols

Sanguinary Priests (2), Jump Packs

2 Multi- Melta Attack Bikes

Devastator squad, 3 missiles

Devastator squad, 3 missiles.

Plan would be for the lib to either run with the Sang Guard with shield or with an assault squad with Rage but cannot decide.

Your thoughts?

I was really tempted to take the Epistolary myself when making my first few lists, but I had a hard time justifying the cost of that upgrade, and then more for a jump as well, at that point I would consider a Reclusiarch with a jump pack for the points in my eyes. I just feel it's too much for him to get to use only one more power a turn, without anything else for that much. However, it's up to the player to decide really. Best of luck deciding!

Something about re-rolling S10 hits every turn tempts me greatly.

This is the only reason i would take it. Its a bummer giving up shield but you gain much choppy powers. Also allows you to use your force weapon power if you have already used Sanguine Sword or whatnot.

Mudpuppet

I run with either shield/rage,fear/rage,or lance sword depending on who i am facing. I havent been disapointed with any of the powers (provided they go off). Fear has been a nice power I have been getting great luck with. Just depends on what you need.

The only issue i find with spending 50 points, is either a) if you play eldar you get shutdown or ;) the return of it just isnt worth it.

I find that having unleashed rage and shield/lance works just fine for me, and for the 50 points you can pick up another MM attack bike.

The upgrade is very expensive considering that you have no guarentee that the powers will work and that with a jump pack you are looking at a very expensive character that has no invuln.save and only two wounds with an initiative of 4. As samaNagol pointed out with shield and unleash rage you do not need to be an Epistolary. SHield works in your opponents turn and you cast unleash rage in your turn.

The only reason I would upgrade mine would be to be able to get off "Sword" and still use the force weapon if need be, considering that the circumstances of me doing that are rare then I would say it's a waste of points. I take shield and sword as my powers so never have to use more than one per turn anyway. Now if you face 'Nids or other monstrous creatures a lot I can see the point of the epostilary for the use of force weapon.

Well, in that case then I would say that it is worth the extra 50 points to wipe those monstrous creatures off of the table. Combined with the stregnth 10 from sanguin sword it could be fatal to the larger nids.

Archived