What kind of cheap urban terrain is needed?

Reptile

Hi guys,

I am currently looking to become a designer and producer of urban terrain for 40k (to start out with). I was wondering if I could post this topic so that the gamers themselves could let me know what they want and need. The idea is that players should be able to build an affordable intact modern to futuristic city, without the hassle. These are the points on which the terrain would differentiate itself:

- The terrain will be easy and quick to put together (like a puzzle, no glue or anything needed).

- Look good without painting (for those who prefer to limit their painting to their armies).

- Be strong (hold up to the rigors of daily gaming).

- Be very very cheap (aimed at the financially limited gamer or gaming clubs which need loads of terrain)

- Be modular (to a limited degree, such as stackable building floors to make larger buildings).

- Have little detail (without the detail of resin and plastic the above requirements can be met).

- Represent intact buildings with interior (there are enough ruins and empty box buildings)

Anyway, thanks for your help and ideas, and I look forward to hearing your wish lists.

Greetz,

David

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

Good news on the cheap urban terrain.

I am excited to tell you that we are going to receive our first prototype from the factory this Friday!

It is a pre-painted, modern apartment building, with full interior (including usable stairs!).

As its not right to advertise on B&C via forum posts I cannot tell you the name of the company.

But keep your eyes pealed because within an estimated two months the product will be available for order and it will be advertised on B&C.

Please reply to this post should you have anymore questions, I will get to them asap.

Reptile

Greetings Reptile,

I was wandering if you had a link or something that i could check out. I am interested in terrian at an affordable price, whether modular or not. Its alot better than hot gluing boxes, paper tubes, straws and various household items together to make a terrain peice that is not to scale or over powers the game board.

Looking for a good urban terrain set that can be useful. Thanks.

Greetings Reptile,

I was wandering if you had a link or something that i could check out. I am interested in terrian at an affordable price, whether modular or not. Its alot better than hot gluing boxes, paper tubes, straws and various household items together to make a terrain peice that is not to scale or over powers the game board.

Hi Tolek,

I am afraid the website is not online just yet, so a link will be impossible. However, if you send us an email to "info@woodcraft-terrain.com" I will see if we can add you to our focus group mailing list (They will be receiving a sneak peak of the product very soon...).

Greetings Reptile,

Hi Tolek,

I am afraid the website is not online just yet, so a link will be impossible. However, if you send us an email to "info@woodcraft-terrain.com" I will see if we can add you to our focus group mailing list (They will be receiving a sneak peak of the product very soon...).

I will have to remember that address. Good things. Good things.

Archived