Best / Worst Rolls

Glitch85

Again in the worst rolls category, at a game a few weeks back, I dropped in with 2 Honor Guard Squads and 2 Assault Squads around a Trygon that was out in the open. 14 Meta shots and, 16 Bolt shots later, he was still alive.

Next turn, Ravenors charged my Sang Guard who had just devoured a Tervigon... did four wounds and a rend to the golden boys who promptly failed their 2+/4+s... All five dead, just like that.

Best roll ever: Turn one. Ultramarines vs Dark Eldar. My LR fires both lascannons at my dad's Raider on the far side of the board. Hits, 6 to pen, 6 on damage chart, 6" explosion radius. Takes out 2 1/2 Warrior squads in one go and drops the squad of 9 Incubi down to 5. Rest of the game was cake after that.

That or having my power sword equipped tact sergeant take out 2 full Necron Warrior squads in one round of CC thanks to sweeping advance, and having the rest of the army phase out.

Worst roll ever: Squad of 4 termies plus chapter master in term armor with 2 master crafted lightning claws (old rules). Ridiculously expensive unit, awesome in CC. A squad of Warriors opens fire with Splinter Rifles (S3, AP5). I fail all seven (7) 2+ saves and lose the whole unit.

I think my odds beats most in this list.

Worst rolling ever:

Rolled 5 1s for failed armor saves on my Space Wolves.

Wolf Standard allows me to re-roll all 1s.

I re-roll and get 5 more 1s.

Anyone know the Math hammer on that?

I think my odds beats most in this list.

Worst rolling ever:

Rolled 5 1s for failed armor saves on my Space Wolves.

Wolf Standard allows me to re-roll all 1s.

I re-roll and get 5 more 1s.

Anyone know the Math hammer on that?

My math hammer comes out at around 0.000002% chance on that one ;-) You can call that one "one in 50 million" ;-)

Best rolls ever was in a GT, my Chaos Space Marines versus Tau. I need to cross some open ground to engage the Tau in melee. The Tau player focus fires ever unit of his on my big squad of possessed Marines. To save time he just rolls for all the shooting together in one go. He scores around 40 wounds I'll get my armor saves and around 15 that will require invulnerable saves. First I roll 40 dice for the armor saves - don't fail a single one. Next I roll the invulnerable saves and also pass all of them. It was absolutely amazing.

Worst rolls ever - my Blood Angels terminator squad (10 strong) with a Librarian in terminator attached. My opponent infiltrates a squad with an icon and summons a huge squad of lesser Daemons that immediately assault my terminators. He scores exactly ten wounds and I fail them all. Absolutely amazing bad luck there. That was a really long game. ^_^

0b ;)

Played my Blood Angels in a Tournament last year. Had the following happen on Turn 2:

• Terminators deep strike. Scatter into an obstacle. Lost 2 of the 5 man squad

• Assault squad deep strikes. Scatter into enemy unit. Mishap table, lost whole squad.

• LRC with Seth, a Chaplain, and my Death Company Deep Strikes. Scatter of board. Mishap table, lost them all.

I won an award for worst dice luck. Won a cube of new dice, won the next 6 out of 8 games. lol

This fits under both best and worst.

I had 3 terminators fighting a demon prince last night. The fight lasted 3 full turns because our rolls were so bad that neither of us could cause a wound, and really good when a wound was caused every 5+ invul save was made.

I guess my worst roll came with the loved and hated Shokk attack gun. Not so very bad rolling, but very fun rolling (as always with orks). Played against a Slaanesh heavy chaos army, I had my big mek with 20 grots in a ruin. First turn, didn't shoot. Second turn, came up alongside the ruin with my 5 deffkoptas to shoot some chaos marines in the shooting phase. Shooting phase arrive, and I stupidly shoot the shokk attack gun first of all (hey, it's da boys dat play, not me). Rolls 1 and 1 on strength. BOOM! Rolls for range: 6. 3 of my 5 deffkoptas are within 6' from the shokk attack gun... One shot, 1 big mek, 16 grots and 3 deffkoptas are off the board.

The same game, next turn, my weirdboy rolled 5, 'ere we go, on the power list. Made a perfect teleportation right in between some inpassable terrain, dangerous terrain and a squad of Noise marines. Had they scattered more than 2' they would have been lost. Shooting phase: 30 boys shoot their pistols and big shootas at the Noise marine squad.

All Marines still standing, smiling...

I lost that game.

Not so much my rolling that was bad or good, but my friend George's rolls against me. I deepstriked my Furioso in a pod and it scattered right between 4 squads of Grey Hunters and a Land Speeder, worst deepstrike ever.... So in George's shooting phase his shot all 4 Grey Hunter meltas at it, two of them at half distance or less so the double D6 AP, and his Land Speeder's multi-melta was at half or less range as well. Well, 2 of the Grey hunters missed including one of the ones at half range, the other half range rolled snake eyes for AP and the last one rolled a 4, sooo close. The speeder's multi-melta also was at half range, but rolled a 1 and a 3 for AP. That furioso was absolutely determined to hold on that day, thank the Emperor.

My worst roll ever... was probably taking cover-saves against a Defiler Battle Cannon that hit 7 our of 10 of my VV in one template, failed every roll. My poor VV, I had such plans for them that game.

failling to pen a (or glance IIRC) the front of a kill kan while my melta was in melta range :P

so snake eyes....on those rolls that simply have to be anything BUT snake eyes...

or double 6 on LD10 units who have to take a LD test...

never say "ah no problem, leadership 10 eh?"

:D

Archived