Back from the Mechanicon!

littlbitz

Going into the last game on Saturday, I came up against "The Mighty Bob" and his Necron army. Bob is a great guy to play, and he brought a very balanced Necrons force.

It contained the standard Res Orb Lord, 3(?) squads of Warriors, 2 Large units of Immortals, some Heavy Destroyers, and a large unit of Pariah.

The mission was to be a Board corner mission with bonus points for destroying the enemy's Fast Attack elements. The deployment was to be Spear Head.

I won the roll off for deciding 1st turn and promptly gave the 1st turn to the Necrons. He chose his corner, and deployed all of his forces. I then explained to him who was with what unit and declared that my entire army was in Reserves.

gallery_743_5412_92685.jpg

"Bob's army deployed for battle"

Bob game into game 3 with a very similar record to me, except instead of a Strong win and a Minor loss he had to Draws with decent scores. The fact that his Codex was old served him in those games as his opponents were not familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of the Necrons. Now however the reverse was true, my son plays Necrons, as does a regular opponent of mine. I have had LOTS of experience sending these hell spawn machines back to the junk yard.

On top of that, he was not familiar with Space Wolves, he had faced them before, but more the shooting, Rune Priest variety. He was ill prepared for the list I brought.

In his first two turns he quickly made his moves taking up Three of the Four board corners in an effort to force me to shift him from his position.

In my 2nd turn, I rolled for reserves. Thorgrimm was on the ball, as all of my Bikers and Thunder Wolves came to battle, and my 3 Troop choices were not coming in just yet. They would form the perfect second wave, moving into board corners to take the objectives later.

In his movement, he did a good job staying out of the 18" charge range of the Biker units, so I came on the board at an angle. What he did not account for however was the "Fleet" of the Cavalry, with a decent fleet roll, I would make contact and have a 2nd turn charge into a nice big Warriors squad...

I get the roll I need and manage a charge. In the combat he loses several Warriors to the loss of a couple of my Wolves and he passes his leadership check. This is a good thing as now my Lord and Iron Priest cannot be targeted by the combined fire of his entire force.

In his turn he continues to move a lone Warrior squad away from the action and in the far board corner hoping to hold at least that one for the game. He shifts his Immortal squads and his Heavy Destroyers in an attempt to gain some shots on my Bikers. Turbo boosting helps here as my casualties are minimal.

In close combat, my Thunder Lord who now has several bonus attacks from Saga of the Warrior Born handily finishes off the Warriors squad.

In my 3rd Turn I roll for my reserves and all three troop choices decide to show up! This could not have gone any better really. I decide that my Bikes and Thunder Wolves don't need any assistance so I concentrate immediately on taking board corners, moving into my home corner with my Footsloggers, advancing behind both transports that move up side by side popping smoke moving for the far corner with the lone Warrior squad.

My Lord and Iron Priest smashe into an Immortal squad. One of my Biker units manages to make contact with a squad of immortals as my other Bike pack again turbo boosts across the board behind the lord preparing to chase after the Heavy Destroyers.

gallery_743_5412_831840.jpg

Things are not looking so well for the Necrons.

This time the Immortals break and I run them down. he is now too overwhelmed and in his turn he attempts to use his Necron Lord to teleport away to give him some breathing room, but into rapid fire range so he can attempt to shoot at my Large GH pack.

Again casualties are minimal, he under estimated the speed of my Bikers as my army again crashes into his units. His Lord goes down in a massive melee along with many other Necrons.

At the begining of his next turn he phases out.

A massacre for the Wolves! My Saturday ends with 2 very solid victories and a minor loss leaving me in the top 10 in the standings going into Day 2 of the GT.

I've got a few tactical question for you Littlbitz (from your excellent battlereps) - but these will have to wait until I have more time.

As you know, I love the bikers as well, but it would be interesting to see how your tactics when dealing with an army that has better CC abilities than you .... particularly now you have the expensive ThunderLord / Iron Priest unit (which I think looks magnificent by the way .... awesome paint jobs and modelling there.)

Thanks for all the comments guys!

At least I know some of you are bothering to read all of my nonsense. :P

I haven't forgotten about the rest of the Batreps, I have just gotten a bit side tracked with another project, and played in a Tournament last Sunday that got me motivated to continue work on it (My long over looked Deathwing project).

But later today I will get Game 4 up and posted. Of course I will answer any questions as well HDL, but I gotta get some work done here in the office first. (Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of the important things...)

What a weekend!

Honestly if I could only do one Tournament a year, that would be the one I'd choose, truly an absolute blast.

I had a great time meeting up with some old friends and making new ones in the process. Its always great to see everyone, hang out, play some games and talk some smack.

I ended up not doing to bad over the weekend. I ended up with the "Best Army" Award for the Friday Vets night tournament. And also took the Flagellant award as well (that's a story in and of itself).

In the "Iron Ogre" paint competition I took 3rd place in the Single Miniature category and 2nd Place in the 40k Squad Category.

Over Saturday and Sunday ended up 5th over-all out of about 50 players, took 2nd place "Best Sport", and managed to get the same Paint score as Chris "The Mighty Jawa Balls" himself (who won over-all). I was only 6 points behind 1st place, so it was tight at the top.

I took some pics that I hope to get posted soon, as well as some BatReps!

Oh you're from Jersey :wub:

Where at? I'm from the East Brunswick/Collingswood area (mid-south).

Hey Hero, I'm way down in Cape May, I play locally at either Jester's Playhouse in Northfield, or Good vs. Evil in Somers Point.

Sunday Morning, Game 4 was against Colin, an old friend of mine from the GT circuit with a foot slogging Ork army. Just a small one though, only about 140 or so Orks...

the Game was a Victory Points game with bonus points for keeping your HQ choices alive.

The terrain had a few buildings and hills with the buildings toward the board center. Rolling of for 1st turn, I win the roll and decide to deploy and take first turn. Set up is a Pitched battle style deployment.

I set up strong in the center with my Thunder Wolves protecting my left side. I place both biker units and the Biker lord to my far right. I figure if he deploys any units there in response I will turbo-boost left in a feint type maneuver and if he doesn't respond to my set up then I will run the Flank.

In his set up he does respond with a unit of Lootas in a ruin located in his deployment zone directly across from my bikers.

the rest of his force is spread pretty evenly across his whole front, the army is very large and intimidating across the table from my meager looking force.

He fails to seize the initiative and I take the first turn. I turbo boost my bikers to support my center as I advance my two transports with the large GH pack behind them. I push my force up behind two buildings in an effort to channel the enemy down the alleyway, blocking line of site as best I can and limiting the numbers that will be able to engage me. My Thunder Lord and Iron Priest head out to my left, attempting to get into position for a flank maneuver (this was a mistake, I should have stayed castled up, but more on that later.)

My transports pop their smoke I take a few pot shots with the assault cannon in the GH pack and my turn ends.

In Colin's first turn he moves everything but the lootas forward, and then makes a run move. On my left side he has baited me with a large number of Orks tempting me with my Thunder Lord and the Iron Priest. He even laughs as he makes the move as if daring me to charge. He is hoping that if I charge, the Orks boyz unit will bog down my Thunder Lord long enough for his War Boss to get to grips with my IC.

With the ruin blocking LOS on his loota boyz his shooting is limited to a few Rockit pot shots at my Razorback with no effect.

Its too much for me to handle, I know its a trap, but I can't resist. I charge, not only with the Thunder Wolves but with some Bikers and my Blood Claws (of course the Blood Claws were able to use their flamer to good effect on one mob softening it up, and the Swift Claws twin-linked bolters softened up another mob prior to their assault)

gallery_743_5412_1046375.jpg

My Iron Priest and Thunder Lord getting to grips with some Orks.

gallery_743_5412_56264.jpg

Charging up the Alley way, the Blood Claws and the Swift Claws get the jump on the Orks.

I got the jump, but there were alot of Orks, at this point I was thinking I may have bitten off more than I could chew...

moving into the Close Combat phase, the Space Wolves rip through the Orks, and I win all 3 Combats! Clearing the board center, but the Large mobs on my left flank where my Thunder Lord and Iron Priest are hold.

In his turn he moves in his 2nd Wave of Orks, as he Waaghs to ensure that they will reach my lines. I've done a good job plugging the gap between the buildings, so he is only going to reach my BloodClaws and my one biker pack. (the two packs had split in my last movement phase, one to plug the center the other to reinforce my left side, mistake two in this game actually).

He fires some Rockits at my Rhino and Transport, and blows the turret off of my Razorback, not a huge loss since he has no armor at all in his army. My center gets slammed by two large mobs of Orks. On my left he charges into my Thunder Lord and the Iron Priest with his Warboss and Nobz unit.

The combat is messy, My Thunder Lord and Iron Priest continue to work on the 2 Mobs they had originally charge in order to finish them off before they go down under the weight of the new assault. This works, the 2 Ork Mobs are destroyed, My Iron Priest goes down under the weight of the Nobz and their Power Klaw attacks, and My Thunder Lord makes his Invulnerable saves. My Thunder Lord finds himself surrounded by Orks, not just Orks, but big, ugly, cyborg, power klawed Orks...

gallery_743_5412_226971.jpg

Talk about Epic, I wish the lighting was better, and my camera wasn't giving me such problems. Usually my pictures are much better.

Now its my turn, my Biker Lord continues his push around to support my left side. even with his accompanying biker pack I don't think they have enough umph to take on the Warboss and his Nobz, but at this point I decide that this fight is just too much fun to pass up, this is the stuff Sagas are made of, and I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity!

Now its my turn to bring in my 2nd wave. 2 Packs of Grey Hunters step forward. The Orks had packed themselves tightly in the alleyway, and I attempted to position myself within charge range of the forward mob, but out of charge range of the 2nd. (he had consolidated one pack behind the other in an effort to save one of the mobs from my wrath)

I decide that the Grey Hunters should do what they do best and I open fire at close range with everything on the closest pack 2 melta shots, 4 assault cannon shots, 2 plasma shots, and 26 bolter shots from the two Grey Hunter packs tear into the closest Ork mob, more than 20 Orks fall from the massive amount of fire power the Grey Hunters pour forth, leaving just one Ork, who decides its time to go...

On the other side of the battle field the melee between the Erik, my Thunder Lord and the Ork Warboss continues, I had several extra attacks from Saga of the Warrior born, and no wounds yet. I decide to try and take out the Warboss as he has the only S10 Klaw in the Mob. Figuring if I can take him down then the Thunder Lord stands a chance. I swing with all of my attacks and cause 4 Wounds! rolling his invulnerable saves, he manages to save two of them, taking the Warboss down to 1 wound! His Nobz and the Boss all swing with their Klaws. Wounding me 3 times from Nobz and once from the Warboss. picking up 3 black dice and one red I declare that the red one is the S10 attack and roll my Storm Shield saves. Yep, you guessed it, I pass all 3 Black and the Red one gets through instant killing my Thunder Lord!

In the Ork turn, he continues his push. By now though he is quickly running out of boys (sadly though I am quickly running low on Space Pups...) He brings yet another Mob of boyz up to block my path between my Biker Lord and his pack and the Ork Warboss. I will have to go through them before I can get to the Warboss.

He uses his Mobs in the center to make a run move with one and moving through terrain with the other attempting to reach my smaller GH pack.

gallery_743_5412_19322.jpg

A picture of the Space Wolves holding the center line in a way only the Space Wolves could manage.

His gamble of moving through the ruin with one of his mobs pays off as he manages to get the charge on my smaller GH pack. The Orks take heavy Casualties but in the end the weight of numbers is too much for such a small GH pack and they fall. In his consolidation he backs his mob up into the ruins in the center.

Two mobs against one large Grey Hunter pack, not good odds. Going into the alleyway is certain death, a glorious way for the BloodClaws to go, but a foolish ending for the battle hardened GreyHunters. They consolidate their position to get as many guns as possible on the Larger of the two mobs, the one that also happens to be in the open.

Thorgrimm, the Biker Lord so enraged seeing the Ork Boss manage to drop Erik, decides he will stop at nothing to get to grips with the Warboss. Moving forward with Twin-linked bolters blazing a large hole is torn into the Ork Mob standing between him and his real target.

Charging forward the Bikers and Thorgrimm make short work of whats left of the Ork mob. Though the casualties on the Bikers pack is heavy as they concentrated their attacks on them and fell every one of them. Thorgrimm alone consolidated towards the Warboss and his retinue.

The Warboss moves in and assaults Throgrimm, while in the center the Orks consolidate their position, not wanting to get close to the Grey Hunters.

gallery_743_5412_638477.jpg

Thorgrimm stands alone against the Warboss and his retinue.

gallery_743_5412_51036.jpg

The Grey Hunters doing what they do best, holding the center...

The battle between Thorgrimm and the Orks was to be an epic one, as if the rest of the battle field stopped to watch. All of the non-power klaw type weapons went first and bounced off of Thorgrimm's Runic armor.

Thorgrimm Swings his Thunder hammer, and decides to go for the Nobz. (this may not seem like the right move, but Thorgrimm has eternal warrior, and I thought that if I could win combat and start forcing leadership checks that I may pull this off). My gamble seems to work as I instant kill 4 Nobz in Close Combat! The Orks swing their Power Klaws, a ridiculous amount of Power Klaw attacks in fact. 5 wounds, I can save five wounds. But it was not to be, you guessed it, I fail 3 out of the five doing 3 wounds to me and killing my Lord! So close...

The game ends.

We tally up the Victory points and find that we are tied in VPs and pull a draw for that objective. However my HQ choices went down and his did not, this gives him a bonus 6 Battle points! a minor loss for the Wolves.

I should note here, that the combats against the Warboss were the deciding combats for the whole tournament.

I ended 5th over-all, with only 6 points between me and Jawaballs. Had I won either of those combats, I would have gained the bonus 6 points and tied for 1st place (all other things staying the same of course)

I made a few mistakes this game, but at times I couldn't help myself. Colin is a blast to play, and the battle between Ork and Space Wolf is so epic and so fits the 40k universe that I just had to do things that I don't normally do.

I should have held the center point and continued to open fire as he poured through the alleyway, and held back on my left while he came to me. Then hit him with everything at once if he broke through. His Lootas were pretty much out of the game the whole battle as I did a fine job luring them out on a wide flank and then used the buildings to ruin his lanes of fire.

All in all though, this was the best game of the weekend and was a blast to play. Lots of hooting and hollering, and smack talk on both sides, as the battle went back and forth several times.

Sorry for such a delay between battle reports, game 5 and a wrap up coming soon...

GREAT stuff. You are totally right that such a moment should never be allowed to be ignored. A shame tough that the nobz+warboss managed to get both of your lords. I had my hopes up for the thunderlord at first, and then when he fell, for the epic charge of Thorgrimm. But alas, not everything ends the Space Wolf way.

Seemed like a blast anyway, and the large GH pack looks so good on the field I might have to try it out.

Looking forward to game 5 and the wrap up =D

- Natanael

Great stuff Littlbitz. My biker lord fell to viscous powerklaw attacks as well last time I played the orks. A frightening number of str8 attacks make that one scary unit.

I love your "big" grey hunter squad as well (especially the assault cannon guy). You basically have one footslogging unit in amongst a lot of other types of troops, yet they seem to survive very well. I guess as you have 2 biker packs and the Thunderlord/IP unit, you have lots of "out of vehicle" units, which reduces them as a target. Nasty if they get hit by one of those large blast ap3 tyranid weapons though.

Fantastic write up of the event though mate - and for me, your army looked really beautifully painted. (You can see them better on the other link posted on page 1.)

Damn you LB!

Here I was, just casually getting back into the stride of my gaming vein (took a year off!) and now I'm chomping at the bit to get in a game and try out some lists!!! Always happens to me when ever I read a battle rep. Time to dust off the models and get competitive!

Game 5 was once again against, you guessed it Orks!

It was the same player that I had faced in the Friday night Tournament, that game was a draw, after a draw and a minor loss to Orks this weekend, I was ready to give the Orks a good fight.

The mission was a 5 objective mission with a pitched battle deployment. Three objectives were on my left side, while the other two were on the right.

Winning the roll to go first and deploy, I set up my forces in 3 groups. One left, one right and one center. I know this may seem an odd set up, but it was really to throw off my opponent, so he couldn't tell where I was going to strike.

On my right side I deployed my Large Grey Hunter pack behind a large wreck of a Space Ship, out of line of sight. In the center I had deployed my Biker units, they would be able to redeploy either left or right depending upon the Ork set up. On my Left I deployed my Blood Claws in their Rhino, the smaller Grey Hunters in their Razorback and the Thunder Wolves with their Wolves.

My opponent set up pretty much evenly across his front. Some lootas took cover in some area terrain, his two battle wagons set up on his left side along with his 2 trucks. It looked as if he was going to come hard on this side and try and shove those units down the throat of my foot slogging Grey Hunters pack.

In the center he deploys his Stormboyz, and a unit of 3 Killa Kans, and on his right he has some boyz holding his flank down led by a weird boy. He had a few more mobs of boyz here and there, but that is the general idea.

Failing to seize the initiative, I take the first turn. I scoot my Razorback just far enough to get a good line of sight on his Battle Wagon, I rush the Rhino up my left side 12" and pop smoke, planning on taking the far objective protected by a Mob of Boyz. My Thunder Wolf riding Lord and the Iron Priest move in support of the Blood Claws. I take care here to stay out of the charge range of the Storm Boyz.

I turbo boost one of my Biker Packs with the Lord to my left in support of the other units I have on that side, my left seems to be his weaker flank so I decide thats where I am going to hit. I move the other Biker pack in support of the Foot Slogging Grey Hunters. Those two units will have to hold my Right until I can roll his flank on my left.

Taking a "Pot shot" with my Twin Linked Las Cannon I hit and penetrate his Battle Wagon, blowing it up! this forces his 'Ard Boyz and Big Mek out on foot. This will be a big help. Moving into the wrecked ship I was able to just get range on one of his Trucks with my Assault Cannon, it stops dead in its tracks.

I have slowed the Orks down, but will it be enough to save that right side?

In his turn, he does the Orky thing and advances and runs with everything, he held to his plan, moving some of his foot slogging units towards my left side with the Killa Kans, Storm Boyz and Weird Boy in support. On my right all the rest of his units advance on my Grey Hunters and the one biker pack.

In moving my Thunder Lord and Iron Priest I had failed to account for the Storm Boyz "bonus inches" with their jump packs. He rolls a six for his extra movement! this means that my Thunder Lord is going to get charged this turn. First turn Close Combat, gotta love it!

In his shooting he shoots with his Killa Kans and takes out my Razorback! The smaller Grey Hunters bail out and are unharmed in the explosion.

He decides to charge my Thunder Lord with his Storm Boyz, the combat is short and bloody.

gallery_743_5412_32856.jpg

My Thunder Lord kills 3 in the combat before they can even take a swing. By the time the smoke clears, the Storm Boyz promptly turn tail and flee, with only the loss of the Fenrisian Wolves and a Cyber-Wolf to my side.

In my Second turn my Blood Claws bail out of their rhino and move towards the Mob that had taken the far objective, with their run move they had gotten quite close to the Blood Claws who would be well within charge range.

My Thunder Lord and Iron Priest prepare to smash into another unit of Boyz, while my Swift Claws and Wolf Lord on Bike prepare to take out the Killa Kans.

On my right side, my Bikers position themselves for the inevitable counter attack that they are going to soon have to launch in support of the Grey Hunters. I don't turbo boost this turn, but I do shift to take advantage of relentless and take some "pot shots" in an attempt to thin the horde a bit. I move my Grey Hunters on my right deeper into the Wreckage of the space ship and open fire at close range into the 'Ard Boyz.

Shooting with the Blood Claws flamer and shooting with their pistols on my left the Blood Claws thin the large Mob on the objective nicely before launching their assault.

The Meltagun and Combi-mg of the Swift Claws Biker pack is ineffective against the unit of Killa Kans, so I charge. I also charge into a Mob of Boyz with my Thunder Lord, Breaking off the Iron Priest to support the Bike Lord as I charge into the Killa Kans.

In close combat the Blood Claws smashing into a mob of Boyz win combat, but the Orks there hold. My Thunder Lord also wins combat, but he is taking on a rather large mob, so even though he killed 5 in CC (he had 9 attacks thanks to Warrior Born) the Ork mob held. My Biker Lord, the Bikers and the Iron Priest destroy 2 of the 3 Killa Kans. The Killa Kans concentrate their attacks as best they can on the Iron Priest and he falls to the flurry of S10 blows that come in.

With the Orks right side quickly falling apart he doubles his efforts on his left, everything he has is going for my Large Grey Hunters pack. Bringing in a second pack of Storm Boyz, the 'Ard Boyz, and a unit of Truck Boyz he shoots and then Charges. Attempting to move into the Ruin, only the Storm Boyz and the Truck Boyz reach combat. The 'Ard Boyz had failed their charge attempt.

In Close combat the Grey Hunters win Combat with only minor losses! My Wolf Lord Biker finishes off the Killa Kans and consolidates quickly towards my right side.

With something like another 10 attacks in close combat my Thunder Lord makes a mess of the Ork mob he charged and they promptly flee the battle field.

In my turn I quickly begin to consolidate my position on my left, his flank on this side has been utterly destroyed. My Blood Claws, the messy work done, quickly consolidate on the objective they just claimed, my smaller Grey Hunter pack begins to move, spreading out to picket across two objectives. I turbo boost my Biker lord to attempt to support my right side next turn. My other biker pack prepares to charge into the 'Ard boyz with the Mekboy to give the Grey Hunters pack some relief.

gallery_743_5412_144040.jpg

The combat is bloody, my biker pack falls, but again the Grey Hunters hold!

gallery_743_5412_128084.jpg

Things are not looking so good for the Orks at this point, The 'Ard boyz and the Mek boy head off to meet with my Biker Lord. He attempts to take out the Grey Hunters in the Wreak of the Ship one more time, this time with some fire power from a Battle wagon with a big gun and some Loota boyz which finally have an open line of sight. Casualties are minimal.

He also moves his last truck fast to my left side in an effort to contest the two objectives my smaller Grey Hunters pack are now holding.

Not much else happens, for the Orks.

Now its a matter of some clean up. My Grey Hunters move into a position to take out the Truck. My Wolf Lord smashes into the 'Ard Boyz and the Mech boy while my Thunder Lord and the other biker unit consolidate and prepare to head to his left side to take out the other Battle Wagon and the Lootas.

His Truck is Wrecked by my two melta-gun shots, and my Wolf Lord smashes into his 'Ard Boyz unit and Mek boy.

gallery_743_5412_355752.jpg

gallery_743_5412_395706.jpg

My Lord wins combat, its the Orks turn.

I have 3 objective and he has none. he attempts to take some pot shots with what little remains of his army. In my turn I finish with the mop up mission.

gallery_743_5412_524573.jpg

By the end of the turn, not a single Ork unit remains on the table. A massacre for the Space Wolves.

Going into this game I was in 7th place over-all. This massacre moved me into 5th in the standings. All other things remaining the same, if the epic battle between Wolf Lord and Warboss had gone differently I would have gained 6 battle points which would have tied me for 1st.

Oh well, a great weekend, and not a bad finish, even if I don't field what some would consider a "rock hard tournament list"

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, and I will post some Post action thoughts later.

Great report. I think I have to get a few bikes to try out. When I started building my TWC they seemed the answer to everything, but the turbo boost really comes in handy sometimes, as you have shown. The bikes lord in particular have sparked my interest, since he seems like he cant take much punishment (T4 against S8) but still, he seems to do fine.

Well, back to the army drawing board then. Maybe I should pick up a ravenwing battleforce as a christmas present for myself and try it out. Bikes AND thunderwolves should be a nice combo =D

- Natanael

My biker lord can take a lot of punishment because of "Saga of the Bear" combined with his Runic Armor, Storm Shield and the enhanced 4(5) Toughness, he is hard to take down.

I certainly believe that Thunder Wolves have their place, as this tournament has shown me. But its my Bikers that still form the basis for my attack.

The redeployment in this last game using a well timed Turbo boost was a huge part of my battle plan.

Im currently building thunderwolves myself, but I would greatly emphasise that SWC bikes offer something that no other unit in our codex does, and few others outside can match either (nob bikers maybe).

For 25 points you get a T5 power armour model with 4 attacks on the charge and a relentless twin linked bolter who can move 24" with a 3++ save to boot. They aren't invunerable, but few units out there have a comparable set of characteristics and opponents rarely know how to deal with them or how quickly they can re-deploy. Gaming gold.

I know Im over-simplyfying your tactics littlbitz, but I've got to say... Turbo-boost for the win!

Oh, I forgot that you had Saga of the Bear on him. That's right.

My army works the other way around, with my TWC (I've got 8) being the basis for my attack. Just got offered a job tough (student, so extra cash is great) so I might use some of them to pick up some bikes.

- Natanael

Well done! As usual, it was great fun to read of your exploits.

Mind if I ask why you're using the IP instead of a unit of TWC? It seems to me that for 10 more points, you could have 3 TWC with better armor on most of them, the same number of power attacks with higher S (although without the 3+ to hit), an extra wound on your powerfist model, rending, and the ability to play wound placement games. All that seems worth the extra 10 points to me. You could even incorporate invulnerable saves if you could find more points.

The only real benefits I can see to your current setup is vs. S10 attacks (enabling you to charge dreads and the like more easily) and the better hit number you get with the WTN.

To be honest Wildfire, I just did it to try it out.

I knew I didn't have time to paint 3 TWC models for the Mechanicon Tournament, and I really wanted to add some, so I went with the easy to assemble and paint, IP on TW with Cyber Wolves.

That and I have read about various TWC load outs, but have rarely seen the Iron Priest given a try, even though I have read about him in several threads.

Thought it would be worth a try, and he didn't fail me...

That being said, I do now have assembled 3 TWC models, one with the Thunder Hammer, one with a Storm Shield, and one stock. Comes in a bit more expensive than the Iron Priest, but I think it will be a fine addition to my Wolves army.

Archived