This is the Liber Astartes, PART II

Shinzaren

Just my take on both the move and change of Liber as well as my Path of Penance.

From ground floor to essentially the bottom of the under-basement, doesn't seem right at all. This forum is even underneath the Legio B+C section, and how often is that forum used (I know lame alphabetical ordering).

You don't encourage DIY by shoving it under absolutely everything... anyone who comes back from hiatus is going to wonder where it went, and I doubt many people will think to look "below" HGR. Especially if the name ends up going back to Liber Honorum (why is it Liber Astartes again?).

I'm not that impressed with the Black Library and the Libers' new position either dry.png I suppose it's up to us to make as much noise as possible (i.e. make use of the Liber as much as possible, not whine and complain about our lot in life. If we make enough racket, we might not be neglected as much laugh.png

I actually think it makes a weird sort of sense to put us down here.

I mean, why not save the best for last?turned.gif

That said, being placed so far away from the other chapters is a little disheartening. Sure, we might not be official, but we've got some of the better stories!laugh.png

I actually think it makes a weird sort of sense to put us down here.

I mean, why not save the best for last?turned.gif

That said, being placed so far away from the other chapters is a little disheartening. Sure, we might not be official, but we've got some of the better stories!laugh.png

Well, when you put like that! laugh.png

The Black Library being down here makes no sense whatsoever. At least 60% of that forum is about discussing official works.

This kind of ordering feels like a GW move, not a B+C move. It is like saying DIY fluff is less valid than everything else. Before fluff was discussed in the middle sections, from fluff on official Chapters, Orders and Warbands to our DIYs. Now we are completely separate, and we're stuck below rules and unofficial rules.

Heru raises a good point about the Black Library stuff being listed under DIY, that seems kinda bizarre.

I look back at this thread, however, and I can see how the title of 'crazies in the basement' is 100% justified.

Heru raises a good point about the Black Library stuff being listed under DIY, that seems kinda bizarre.

I look back at this thread, however, and I can see how the title of 'crazies in the basement' is 100% justified.

And we aren't done yet! laugh.png

You if we absolutely had to be moved down, I'd of done it differently:

1. We'd be above Rites of War, and HGR would be in that section (at the bottom).

2. Apocalypse*, Black Library, Horus Heresy*, Other Games* would be in with us under some new title and positioned just below Forces of the Imperium (we'd be top of our section to connect us to the other fluff forums).

* = Why are Apoc, HH and OG still considered Frater Domus anyway?

You if we absolutely had to be moved down, I'd of done it differently, we'd be above Rites of War, and HGR would be in that section (at the bottom). Apocalypse, Black Library, Horus Heresy, Other Games would be in with us under some new title (why are Apoc, HH and OG still considered Frater Domus anyway?).

Hopefully your reply to the site restructuring topic will have the answers.

Aww, you guys got me all excited thinking everyone was posting more story goodness again. sad.png

Well, I'm honestly bored of the 'clone wars' stuff that isn't going anywhere because nobody knows what to write next.

Problem is, it's not like there's a wealth of things to write about that isn't '[FORUM MEMBER] eviscerated [ENEMY] with his [MELEE WEAPON], with all the 'orrible bits and innards going all over the place and making the janitor-serfs pull their sad panda faces while [FORUM MEMBER] yelled praise to [ALLEGIANCE] and danced the happy dance of not dying'.

Aww, you guys got me all excited thinking everyone was posting more story goodness again. sad.png

Well, I'm honestly bored of the 'clone wars' stuff that isn't going anywhere because nobody knows what to write next.

Problem is, it's not like there's a wealth of things to write about that isn't '[FORUM MEMBER] eviscerated [ENEMY] with his [MELEE WEAPON], with all the 'orrible bits and innards going all over the place and making the janitor-serfs pull their sad panda faces while [FORUM MEMBER] yelled praise to [ALLEGIANCE] and danced the happy dance of not dying'.

Well, perhaps we could ask Messor or Olisredan to lock this topic and someone else opens "This is Liber Astartes part III - The Return of the Dark Apostle (Haven't seen DAT for a while)" (or something similar) with a link to this topic in the first post, so that we can look back and grimace laugh.png

Fresh start, all previous "story" lines left behind. No confusion smile.png

Either that, or we all wait until the Liber campaign is over and we start something that could involve everyone who participates in the Liber, but with a more...laissez fair demeanour.

The problem with the automatons storyline is that fact that it was basically full blown AI heresy, and all you supposed loyal marines weren't just letting it happen, you were assisting a traitor in making it happen.

The only reason I wasn't around to kill you guys for it, is because I was stuck out in Hall Eight fighting waves and waves of other heresies, such as Anti-Count As purists, happylighters and retcon literary inbreeds.

Heheheh. Just let me know what you guys decide. I hope no one feels obligated to drag on a plot they aren't interested in.

I think it's probably best for everyone to just have a think about things, but without feeling pressured. Good ideas turn up when you aren't forcing them smile.png

In any case, I feel that one idea would be to come up with an Inter-forum challenge of our own. Can't let the First Legion have all of the fun! laugh.png

The problem with the automatons storyline is that fact that it was basically full blown AI heresy, and all you supposed loyal marines weren't just letting it happen, you were assisting a traitor in making it happen.

The only reason I wasn't around to kill you guys for it, is because I was stuck out in Hall Eight fighting waves and waves of other heresies, such as Anti-Count As purists, happylighters and retcon literary inbreeds.

Nukem from orbit.

Heheheh. Just let me know what you guys decide. I hope no one feels obligated to drag on a plot they aren't interested in.

I think it's probably best for everyone to just have a think about things, but without feeling pressured. Good ideas turn up when you aren't forcing them smile.png

In any case, I feel that one idea would be to come up with an Inter-forum challenge of our own. Can't let the First Legion have all of the fun! laugh.png

Me likey! I have two DIY forces I rally want to paint something for but cant decide who or what.

I was gonna say something about how blaming me was totally unfair because it's not like I've been involved in every major mishap in the Liber in the last few years, but decided against it in case anyone took me seriously.laugh.png

Also, all I did was fix what appears to be an oven. No need to re-break my leg with that spine flail or anything, right? ...Right...?

Crud. I'm done for, aren't I. Again.pinch.gif

I like the Liber being down at the very bottom, away from all the other Chapters. I didn't trust them anyway.

-----------------

What would people want as a new story line? I was interested to see Clone Wars play out but we have just had a major war with the typo's I suppose ...

I'm not that impressed with the Black Library and the Libers' new position either dry.png I suppose it's up to us to make as much noise as possible (i.e. make use of the Liber as much as possible, not whine and complain about our lot in life. If we make enough racket, we might not be neglected as much laugh.png

It also makes me feel sad. I feel like this forum should be just below PCA, personally, but there were reasons for this change that I didn't read.

This is a sad truth to all writing situations I find myself stumbling upon. The best way to fix this is to get more members involved and focus on the social aspect and world building as opposed to combat itself. I suck at writing combat so I'm a little biased her.

Well, perhaps we could ask Messor or Olisredan to lock this topic and someone else opens "This is Liber Astartes part III - The Return of the Dark Apostle (Haven't seen DAT for a while)" (or something similar) with a link to this topic in the first post, so that we can look back and grimace laugh.png

Fresh start, all previous "story" lines left behind. No confusion smile.png

Either that, or we all wait until the Liber campaign is over and we start something that could involve everyone who participates in the Liber, but with a more...laissez fair demeanour.

I approve of being treated as a holy grail. Roll with Angelos still being around and him having an ambiguous amount of information on my whereabouts.

This line of thinking is good and should also happen.

I was gonna say something about how blaming me was totally unfair because it's not like I've been involved in every major mishap in the Liber in the last few years, but decided against it in case anyone took me seriously.laugh.png

Also, all I did was fix what appears to be an oven. No need to re-break my leg with that spine flail or anything, right? ...Right...?

Crud. I'm done for, aren't I. Again.pinch.gif

Ace has indeed done much and should be recognized for his efforts and talent :D The only reason they're asking you to do moar is because you are clearly one of the best, Ace.

Ok, I'm out again. Have fun guys.

It's a space marine thing, DAT. Everyone here loves seeing their space marines take enemies apart, so after any amount of time the writing tends to become '[LIBERITE] used [MELEE WEAPON]! It's super effective!'

Which was more kind of a shot at myself for doing pretty much that all the way through the typo war.laugh.png

...Also if I'm one of the best now the Liber has certainly gone downhill since my early days.tongue.png

Archived