Dark Angels Chessboard

cpkb

Hi, there seems to be a lot of people on here very knowledgeable about the DA and their bretherin.

I recently got back into painting GW and in fact DA, I enjoy it and find it a lot of fun especially chopping and changing models.

I dont have anyone to play 40k with and my wife is no help so I thought I would make chessboard hoping that she would prefer to play chess than straight 40k. I still get to paint too!

So here is my predicament. What colour schemes? I initially chose a Dark Angel/White Scar colour scheme then at some point over the last few days realized that I really didnt want to paint 16 White scars. I changed the White to Angels of absolution and I love it!

I now feel I have 2 choices.

A. Regular green DA vs. Angels of Absolution

B. Pre heresy black DA vs. Angels of absolution

The problem with A is that DA vs. Sucessor chapter is a bit lame

The problem with B is that all my marines are in mk VII armour. Sorry guys it was cheapest (and coolest?). Also The green looks so good.

I was super excited on having mirroring colour schemes with bone white armour / green robes vs. green armour / bone robes.

Any ideas on what I should choose?

As an FYI. This is how I did my chess set

Pawns. - Marine with Bolter

Castle - Dethesator Marine

knight - Assault Maine with jump pack

Bishop - Robed Marine with chainsaw and plasma gun

Queen - Robed Marine with Powerfist and twin Bolter and big flag thingy

King - Robed Marine with Sword and shield and big flag thingy

I had to keep uping the antie so I am pritty sure that GW doesnt allow marines to carry a plasma gun and chainsaw or twin bolter without power armour. But I am taking liberties!

Thanks

You can use chainsword and plasma pistol, no problem.

If by twin bolter you mean storm bolter, yeah, only terminators can... but *shrug*

Do post some pics on how it comes out!

And welcome to the board!

a Deathwing color sceme (bonewhite) vs fallen Dark Angels (black)?

Even though 'usually' Deathwing isn't fielded in regular Power Armor, it does seem like the most fitting black vs white setting where the opposing forces hate each other :)

Hmmm DA v SW chess set is a very neat idea. But I think DA (green-armoured) v Fallen DA (black-armoured) marines would be neater still.

BTW a 'Castle' is a 'Rook' :huh:

Cheers

I

a Deathwing color sceme (bonewhite) vs fallen Dark Angels (black)?

Even though 'usually' Deathwing isn't fielded in regular Power Armor, it does seem like the most fitting black vs white setting where the opposing forces hate each other B)

Actually there are several references with pictures of white DW in PA. Obviously pre 2nd ED. Serch Fu might find them here on the B&C.

I'm gunna have to agree with the two most appropriate answers either 1) The Fallen, or 2) Space Wolves.

EDIT: I had this idea awhile ago, and I was considering using different races (Heresy !!), , e.g. Orks Grotz/Snotling base - Pawns, Mega Armour Nobz - Rook, Stormboyz - Knight, Weird Boyz - Bishop, Warboss - King, Total mind blank on what I had for the Queen, but like most things, PROCRASTINATION got the better of me

Archived