All Combat Squads Scoring?

Gaz Taylor

I'm thinking of doing a bit of dabbling with the First Legion because I like the Dark Angel background but I have a question about Combat Squads (especially as I do not have my codex to hand, nor the FAQ, plus I haven't read the rules part for years) - Do all units that can Combat Squad count as scoring? If I remember right the way it's worded in the DA codex suggests this.

Cheers

The sentance is: "each Combat squad is treated as a separate unit for al game purposes from that point, and counts as a scoring unit if it still has half of its starting models etc."

The etc means you have to reference the standard rules for the other criteria unlike the wording of the Ravenwing Attack Squadron rule which is self-contained - so no, only DA troops combat squads count as scoring.

The sentance is: "each Combat squad is treated as a separate unit for al game purposes from that point, and counts as a scoring unit if it still has half of its starting models etc."

The etc means you have to reference the standard rules for the other criteria unlike the wording of the Ravenwing Attack Squadron rule which is self-contained - so no, only DA troops combat squads count as scoring.

Cheers.

That's what I was after as I was thinking that there was a sneaky mention in the codex about Assault Combat Squads or Devastator Combat Squads being scoring under 5th as well. I also got chance to check my codex over the weekend (while re-reading Descent of Angels) and I'm happy that only Tacticals (and other Troop choices) can score

Taa

Vodunius is sort of correct, but for the wrong reason.

There is an FAQ/Erratum for the Dark Angels codex that modifies the sentence for combat squads and removes the mention of each half of the combat squad being scoring. Currently GW's 40k FAQ section is offline, and none of the links are available for downloading, but we can probably find another link to direct you there.

The reason attack bikes and attack squadron land speeders always count as scoring units is because the sentences declaring so in the codex were not changed in the FAQ/Erratum.

There is no reason to reference what FOC or other qualifications are necessary to create scoring status. If the codex provides rules that differ from hte main rulebook, the codex always takes precedence, even if the rulebook is printed after the codex.

Archived