Devastator squad missile launcher help

Redfinger

I am thinking of running a list with 3 5 man dev squads with 4 ML's each. So I need to scrounge up about 8 or so of these puppies.

Additionaly I do have about 6 HK missiles, I was thinking of running as a "count as" I was thnking of setting up the HK on the ground next to the marine, much like the military use tow missiles today.

The problem is on the standard troop base you can't fit it all on, but it would work on a terminator base.

So would it be against the rules to use the larger bases?

Ashton

It's all about modeling the arm of the marine. if you straighten out a right arm and tilt the hand forward and cut down the sight on the HK it would look great. then jack up the left hand with a scanner or grenade maybe bolt pistol good to go.

Models with oversized bases gain a larger unit footprint. This increases the relative (threat) range of the unit.

If your group is friendly, it isn't necessarily a problem but they wont fly in a tourney as it's a breach of the rule in the book that says units must use the model bases they were supplied with.

Make the HKs fit. Clearly they're missile launchers.

I think it would be easier to model up a couple of LC etc ... and run them as count as. I'd personally have a easier time with that (I am fine with count as in pretty much any game, but larger bases as a guy said, can slightly change the dynamics, even if your not going to look to use it with the fangs .. it just sets the prescendent, that said I do let a guy run a PA capt w/ a terminator ..)

I am sure the majority of people will just like the idea of the conversion. I personally am in a similar position, and thinking about using my multiple HK's for the job - I am thinking more along the likes of attaching them to a plasma cannon though and have him fire them off "from the hip" in a funky style.

Would you be able to rig it so the HK is some how mounted onto the backpack? perhaps give them the targeting style helmets some kneeling legs and such? even the Auspex arms to represent controllers?

Archived