Campaign badges

IamCaboose

I'm painting a Novamarines army and I'd like my sternguard to have a campaign badge on their knee showing their participation in the Badab War. What colors should I use to go about this? I was thinking red with a yellow stripe but the Astral Claws were blue during the war. Any suggestions?

Caboose

It is not unknown for Chapters to change their colours over time, or even for particular campaigns. Getting assigned to the Maestrom Warders may well cause a chapter to make a change to honour this. But this is off topic.

This may be slightly irrelevant since it offers little help, but I was going to suggest to check IA9, part 1 and see if there is any mention of a campaign badge in there. Instead I checked for you, but can't find anything. As in nothing - no mention at all of a campaign badge in any chapter. Just to let you know. However this wasn't exactly one continuous campaign. More like a civil war with chapters being cycled in and out of action over the course of the war, and chapters switching sides too, so there may well not be one specific campaign badge. Ergo, you can probably just make one up yourself.

Archived