dark Angels in the Badab War?

The Shadow Guard

Well, it's one of the best IA volumes so far, mostly because it provides a great insight in to the origin of the Badab war as well as some background material in to the following space marine chapters: Astral Claws, The Fire hawks, The Marines Errant, Red Scorpions, The Fire Angels, The Raptors, The Lamenters, The Novamarines and the Howling Griffons. The following chapters will be covered in the part 2 volume: The Salamanders, The Minotaurs, The Sons of Medusa, The Exorcists, The Carcharodons, The Star Phantoms and the Mantis Warriors.

Although there is little in relation to the unforgiven described in the history of the Badab war so far, one section under The Raptorsin relation to one of their campaigns, The Sulsalid Campaign, Fourth Quadrant Rebellion, was intriguing and read as follows: .....More than a dozen spacemarine chapters were caught up in the fighting, either aiding one faction or the other, or simply defending their own territories, while others were brought in by the imperium to pacify the quadrant and finally put an end to the fighting. In this latter category were four chapters: The Dark Angels, The Raptors, The Skull Bearers and the Red Wolveswho played the greatest part in ending the rebellion.Each of these chapters fought at full chapter strength, which for the raptors represented a break from their normal order of battle.......

So ther you have it... another instance of the entire DA chapter deploying for war....

Wow some great Chapters in there - the Novamarines have a particularly cool scheme if my memory serves (purple and white??)... but great DA ref (no mention of Successors helping out).

Cheers

I

It's actually a great volume... Three to four pages of information on each chapter, more colour plates and rules for atleast one character from each chapter along with army list for Tyrant's Legion (Lugft Huron's) version of the Imperial Guard). Add to that campaign rules, apocalypse sheets and more...

The historical background to the initiation of the Badab Schism and the Badab war is also greatly detailed and wellw riten.

I think a must for all Space Marine players!

I think a must for all Space Marine players!

.... providing they can afford it. I cetrtainly can't swing £45 on those books however nice they are!!

BTW page samples here.

Cheers

I

For that amount today I'm getting a DE starter (codex + 2 troop boxes...the lady liked them, don't ask...)

Ahh, another one who suffers from 'shiny new army syndrome' :P

But yes some club members do err, club together to buy those IA volumes.

Cheers

I

No no no... no shiny new army...

I made a BIG mistake: left my WD laying around the other day... she saw it and picked it up... and you know when you're DOOMED?

- "How come you don't have these cool miniatures?"

- "Because I play Deathwing, you know, tough guys, heavy armour and such" (She helped me assemble and base quite a few)

- "Yeah... but these look really good"

- "Yep, I picked up the magazine to check them out...but I have so many projects to finish" (I have in the pipeline RW, BA, SW and Cadia... literaly some 200 marines, 25 termis, 20 bikes, 3 AB, like 100 IG between cadian and catachan plus all the armour (2 Leman, 1 Valk, 1 LR, 2 rhinos, 1 Pod)... and stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting)

- "But they all look the same" (meaning, all power armour)

- ...Silence...

I won a voucher in a tourney to get a codex for free (obviously thought DE) and thought, WTH...

- "would you like me to get A(note singular!!) box so you can build and paint?"

- "THAT WOULD BE GREAT" (tragedy incoming!!!)

- "Ok... I'm at work, can't check GW so... what would you like"

(2 hours of black berry chat)

- "Ok... whyches or kabalites?"

- "BOTH"

- ... Silence...

So... no, no bandwagoning! xD

:) None whatsoever!

I have the book myself and it's being used to flesh out a BFG campaign I have going with Brother Argos. I haven't managed to read the book itself yet, but it's on my reading list after the First Heretic and a book about Russia during the Napoleonic War.

I can confirm that it is a beautiful book though, with lots of welcome background and character. One of the best FW books so far.

Archived