Creating my own banner?

FF151

Hey Guys,

I have a chaplain from 2000 or earlier that is in Terminator armour and has a banner post. I am fairly new to this hobby and wondered what paper you guys have used to make your own banner? Should I use card stock? Any tips on this would be most appreciated!

FF

depends on how good an artist you are. Can you do good artwork on a small banner, If so cardstock is pretty good. I usually use Shrinky dinks, they let me do artwork larger and then shrink it down to fit (I'm not that good at free hand).

Sheet tin is good, as is greenstuff depending on your GS skills (tip is to roll out the GS between two sheets of cling film..). Paper is equally valid - I normally spray to seal it up initially or paint with watered down paint, and then spray varnish the sheet

ahh that tincan idea is awesome. I am gona try that next time I want a banner. I've tried before using tissue (and regular) paper coated in white glue and /or superglue and it doesn't come out that nicely for me. Also tried this modelling putty I've got ( can't get GS here sadly :/) and it was far too brittle when it was so thin. Also palyed around with tinfoil (aluminium foil I suppose really) and it was too soft to keep it's shape.

I think I might print out a banner and stick that to a thin piece of metal from a can. best of both worlds. Cool flowing shape of the tin banner with the detail and ease of an accurate printed banner.

Archived