Vehicle headlights and lamps

Hi guys,

This may seem like a rather odd question, but I was wondering how people paint their Rhino headlights and other lamps, such as bike headlights?

It is one aspect of Space Marine vehicles that I have never made up my mind on how to paint, and I now find myself having to paint a fair few of them for my Sons of Medusa (so it's going next to green armour) for the GT at the weekend. Any descriptions and/or images would be fantastic. And hopefully anyone else in a similar position to me might find it useful.

I like to use bleached bone. White is just too bright and well, white. Yellow doesn't really do it for me either. So aside from trying to paint a really nice crystal bluish white lenses with some // marks, bleached bone is my easy way out.

Base the whole area in a yellow-orange. Pick out the squares in yellow. Pick out the top edges with bone. Pick out a fine line of white at the top of each square. Paint the grille in housing color of choice.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/goalie20/Warhammer%2040K/bike1front.jpg

If you are talking about the lenses, I first paint them with a gloss chrome that I have (regular hobby paint). When dry, I then use one of the Tamiya clear color paints. Usually yellow. This allows the chrome to come through. Once dry, I come back and do any detail son the body/housing, and if there is a "grill" over the light I do that in black or grey. After a flat clearcoat (protection) on the model, I come back with a clear gloss on any lights.

Archived