40k Doubles Warhammer World 19th & 20th Feb

Iron-Daemon Forge

Battle report here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=223020

Thanks to all 12 oppent, would happily have a re-match any time in the future.

Also all photos has been upload.

Now time to undercaot the new models to replace a few that got damnge during the weekend, so I can be ready for the Throne of Skulls tournament in April.

IP

Hey did anyone else have one of the events team and show you there new Tournament Model guide lines?

during my last game one of them came up to me and started going on about how at future events my Battlewagon conversion wouldn't be allowed as they are not about the same size as the GW model.

And the reason given was because people have been complaining not about my Conversions but those unscrepulos people who do the deploy sidewase and then pivot on one corner of the model to get those extra inches of movement.

Now those of you who have played me in the past know that I'm not one of those people I go to a GT to try and win but enjoying myself is my primary goal. this new guide line would basically mean that I'd have to buy 5 new Vehicles just to make my army model legal under these guide lines.

Hey did anyone else have one of the events team and show you there new Tournament Model guide lines?

during my last game one of them came up to me and started going on about how at future events my Battlewagon conversion wouldn't be allowed as they are not about the same size as the GW model.

And the reason given was because people have been complaining not about my Conversions but those unscrepulos people who do the deploy sidewase and then pivot on one corner of the model to get those extra inches of movement.

Now those of you who have played me in the past know that I'm not one of those people I go to a GT to try and win but enjoying myself is my primary goal. this new guide line would basically mean that I'd have to buy 5 new Vehicles just to make my army model legal under these guide lines.

Depends which tournament it is,

Throne of skulls is ran by the studio, so they have to abide by studio rules etc, so people will see giant BW's as modelling for advantage.

Whereas Doubles is ran by the events team, meaning they do whatever they want. They're thinking of adding FW army lists (not models.. just the lists), so the elysians, orks, tank company, krieg etc.

Mate the modelling is more of a Disadvantage in my case as my opponenets can find it really easy to draw Line of Sight on my BW's without having to worry about terrain cover saves (and no I don't use a Big Mek to get obscured)

As for seeing FW lists at events then that means you will be seeing FW Models like the T/Bolt, Assault Ram & The most Broken of all Tanks The LR Acilees (Its part of the Siege List in IA 10)

Mate the modelling is more of a Disadvantage in my case as my opponenets can find it really easy to draw Line of Sight on my BW's without having to worry about terrain cover saves (and no I don't use a Big Mek to get obscured)

As for seeing FW lists at events then that means you will be seeing FW Models like the T/Bolt, Assault Ram & The most Broken of all Tanks The LR Acilees (Its part of the Siege List in IA 10)

If people are complaining about them.. then there's a problem. Were yours the ones that are made from baneblade hulls? If so.. that is pushing it a little I think, it can be seen as a modelling advantage in so many ways:

6" bubble of the force field (you mentioned you dont use one, but what if you did?),

2" disembarking would cover a larger area overall to the front and sides, allowing more models to get into b2b.

tank shocking will move units further.

You can hide behind them better.

When your vehicle explodes on a 6, you've got more space to deploy your models if the vehicle was surrounded.

Harder to surround the vehicle.

You cover more of the board, meaning you can reach further quicker.

Yes with the battlewagon/baneblade it sort of like the old Ork days when people made really big trukks in order to get the first turn assault. So maybe result of the complaint & why somthing will be done. There advantage & disadvantage end of the day.

Dezartfox: One of the full timer from your local GW is current looking after my own local GW while the manger is on holiday. He just asking if I saw your army & check result see how you done. You came 13th from what we counted.

IP

Yes with the battlewagon/baneblade it sort of like the old Ork days when people made really big trukks in order to get the first turn assault. So maybe result of the complaint & why somthing will be done. There advantage & disadvantage end of the day.

Dezartfox: One of the full timer from your local GW is current looking after my own local GW while the manger is on holiday. He just asking if I saw your army & check result see how you done. You came 13th from what we counted.

IP

Awesome!

Stu? If you see him tell him I said he sucks :P

IP

Awesome!

Stu? If you see him tell him I said he sucks :P

I think that is his name, just spoke about if me & my team mate saw your own army & when seen the results. Should be seen him tomorrow that the Stirling gaming club or Sat in the GW before he head back down to your store/holidays.

IP

Yes mine are the ones made out og the Baneblade Hulls and no one has every complained about them before (at least not to my face)

Someone still bought it to the judges attention, and that's what counts. It was probably one of those after game moments "if his BW wasn't THAT big, then he wouldn't have been able to reach me/cover that objective/etc".

Either that or you were playing a sulky opponent.

I'm pretty easy going when it comes to conversions, as are the judges, but I see it as a modelling advantage personally. Not saying that's your intentions, but it can be perceived that way.

When I asked wheather someone had complained about my one they had said that no no one had complained about my one specifically but it was a complaint about large models in general

Archived