Relictors thoughts

Hi all,

I am in the process of building what started out as a Relictors army. The idea was that they were on an extended penetent crusade, and so I planned to model them a bit like the Space Wolves 13th Company, with looted bits of chaos gear, etc.

Then I started to build them and ended up making them pretty much half and half, loyalist to chaos. I think they are more clearly renegade now, rather than confused good guys, but they still have quite a few loyalist markings, etc.

Anyway, my question is, I have a few black templar shoulder pads and bits spare, and was considering using them as crusade markings/honours or something along those lines. Would that work? I don't want them looking too much like BTs obviously, but they would be painted different colours, and I would only use a few for each squad max.

Thanks guys!

Keeping a unified paint scheme and sanctifying anything chaotic, such as adding a purity seal or similar, should prevent too much confusion. Especially as Relictors seem to have had their traitor status lifted in recent years ¬_¬

In case I wasn't clear I was referring to your claimed use of Chaos bits earlier. :lol: But just painting up BT parts in Relictor colours should be sufficient. To make them seem more Honour...y (sp) you could paint the symbols in ornate colours, silver, bronze, gold or marble. Look forward to seeing them in the Hall of Honour. <_<

I've used the bits with the Templar Cross, rather than the actual cross & skull chapter symbol and imo they look good :D

As for the Hall of Honour, I haven't done any painting in nearly 10 years :D It is about time I got round to it again though...

Cheers for the advice!

• 3 weeks later...

Go with it. I've done the same in the past it does add an element of knightlyness to them. Plus the extra purity seals are all good. And who knows a bunch of templars could easily have gotten the idea that attacking your daemon weapon wielding librarian was a good idea.

"So Mr Templar you've come to donate your armour and weapons to the Homeless Relictors Charity, how..... kind of you."

That's pretty much exactly what I've been thinking, nice one! One day I'll try and get some photos up, but I haven't got any sort of light box or equivalent yet. Taking photos of models without one doesn't really do them justice (or so I've found so far anyway).

Thanks for your input.

Hi all,

I am in the process of building what started out as a Relictors army. The idea was that they were on an extended penetent crusade, and so I planned to model them a bit like the Space Wolves 13th Company, with looted bits of chaos gear, etc.

Then I started to build them and ended up making them pretty much half and half, loyalist to chaos. I think they are more clearly renegade now, rather than confused good guys, but they still have quite a few loyalist markings, etc.

Anyway, my question is, I have a few black templar shoulder pads and bits spare, and was considering using them as crusade markings/honours or something along those lines. Would that work? I don't want them looking too much like BTs obviously, but they would be painted different colours, and I would only use a few for each squad max.

Thanks guys!

Maybe you can get some inspiration here: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progre...showtopic=11837

One of the best relictors I've seen.

Cheers.

Archived