Blood Angels FAQ/Errata

Brother Yorei

There seems to be a website error. A few days ago a picture appeared in the FAQ area of what appears to be a Storm Raven. Then they took down the picture, and with it the whole FAQ area.

According to the new Rulebook FAQ, a vehicle moving over 12" (Flat-out) is destroyed in the same turn, then the embarked models are removed as casualties. Not sure if that's exactly what you were asking, but I thought it was relevant. :blush:

I don't now how many of you have seen this

New FAQs

It has a few interesting things such as:

Q: Can a unit that ‘moves as jump infantry’ deep strike?

(p52)

A: Yes.

Q: An Independent Character attached to a unit that is

reacting to being assaulted, or making a pile-in move,

must move before other friendly models to attempt to get

in base contact with an enemy. What happens if the

Independent Character is blocked from getting to enemy

models by friendly models around him? (p49)

A: If it is possible to move friendly models out of the way

to make space for the Independent Character then they

must move first. Followed by the Independent Character

and finally the rest of the unit can move. If the

Independent Character is still unable to make it into base

contact he must move as close to the enemy as possible.

Q: If a vehicle moved during its last Movement phase, but

is immobilised by the time a models initiative value is

reached in close combat, what roll is needed to hit it? (p63)

A: It will be hit automatically

Q: If a transport vehicle is destroyed in the same turn as it

moved flat out what happens to any embarked models? (p70)

A: They are removed as casualties.

Hmmm.. that last one is interesting. But still not that dangerous I believe.

Because you move flat out on your own turn, and except when you somehow take damage on your own turn this will not change the survivability of the participants.

I mostly see more reason to Death or Glory against flat out moving transports and more risk in tank shocking with them.

I'm not sure that would work as while he could deepstrike, he needs to be guaranteed it... which it isn't as it requires a successful psychic test. You can't act on a future roll by placing him in DS reserve before it's possible. There's a rule somewhere stating that if a roll (or it's failure) could prevent such deployment, it's not possible to use the power... Can anyone recall where I'm getting this from?

However, it does add some weight to the Wings dread libby 'DS-ing' from a SR.

I think we might be getting another FAQ.

*prays*

What about the first one?

Say hello to my deep striking Mephiston! :lol:

Err.. How about no? Mephiston does not move as jump infantry, Mephiston has a psychic power that, when used, allows it to move as jump infantry, a psychic power which can not be used before deployment.

What about the first one?

Say hello to my deep striking Mephiston! :lol:

Err.. How about no? Mephiston does not move as jump infantry, Mephiston has a psychic power that, when used, allows it to move as jump infantry, a psychic power which can not be used before deployment.

I concur.

I'm not sure that would work as while he could deepstrike, he needs to be guaranteed it... which it isn't as it requires a successful psychic test. You can't act on a future roll by placing him in DS reserve before it's possible. There's a rule somewhere stating that if a roll (or it's failure) could prevent such deployment, it's not possible to use the power... Can anyone recall where I'm getting this from?

However, it does add some weight to the Wings dread libby 'DS-ing' from a SR.

I think we might be getting another FAQ.

*prays*

Agree with shatter here. Mephiston can't cast wings while in reserve, but it will allow a Winged libby or dread to deep strike froma raven.

Then, so can Mephiston DS from a raven...

Just a question though (it may be silly), what models move as jump infantry besides our Librarians?

Any Nid or Chaos Marine with wings. Wings make you move as jump infantry. Can't think of any other examples off the top of my head.

As i said in the reply to the other thread: This is only a problem if you get destroyed on your own turn, not from shooting in the other player's turn because that turn you did not move.

So really only tank shocking flat out is a risk for the models inside.

exactly (though its not the only risk, say a bad Vindicator scatter onto a fast movign rhino could instant kill everyone inside)

As i said in the reply to the other thread: This is only a problem if you get destroyed on your own turn, not from shooting in the other player's turn because that turn you did not move.

exactly (though its not the only risk, say a bad Vindicator scatter onto a fast movign rhino could instant kill everyone inside)

I would also add Castellan Missiles, dangerous terrain tests for skimmers and Eldar Nightspinners.

For 'Brother-Captain Devlonir' : rethink this one. If moving flat out only affects "your turn" then you can't get the cover save for moving "Flat out" on your opponent's shooting because by the same logic you did not move.

For 'Brother-Captain Devlonir' : rethink this one. If moving flat out only affects "your turn" then you can't get the cover save for moving "Flat out" on your opponent's shooting because by the same logic you did not move.

The cover save states "if you moved in the previous turn"

Archived