Sorry but my Head is about to explode

breng77

So with all this FAQ talk going around, someone had asked whether Ravenwing bikes could turbo boost during their scout move. The FAQ says bikes can turbo boost during a scout move, but I had always played that we could not because our codex makes a note after the scout rule saying that no unit may turbo boost when scouting. But I figured what the heck I'll email GW to see what they actually would say on the matter and here is what I got.

While the FAQ says that

> Bikes may turbo

> boost in the Scouts move, this only applies to Scout Bikers

> as they have

> the Scouts special rule. The Dark Angels aren't able

> to take advantage

> of this rule since all their bikers are part of the

> Ravenwing and don't

> have the Scouts rule.

ummmm..... any one else see a problem with that statement.

which is how I would normally play it I was just interested to see what GW said. For them to return an answer that is simply that the unit does not have a rule, which it has, is a little disheartening.

.... but not unexpected. I bet if you emailed again you'd get a different answer ^_^ .

Cheers

I

maybe I am naive, the answer I expected was the codex trump rule book/FAQ.

It does trump the rulebook of course.

Here's the hierachy in order of rule 'supremacy':

DA FAQ

DA Codex (our codex tells us we can't turbo boost during Scout move)

Rulebook FAQ (allows bikes to turbo boost during Scout move)

Rulebook

Cheers

I

Yeah I already knew that I just wanted to see what GW had to say on the matter (which of course has no official meaning).

two times is the charm I got back the reply I expected ; )

I apologize but we have misread the question. Even though the newer Space Marine Codices state that you can turbo boost in the pregame scout move, the Dark Angels Codex states that you can't. The Dark Angels Codex is in need of an update but we are unaware of any plans to release new codex/models for the Dark Angels in the immediate future. As for a standard (non tournament) games, I would allow you to turbo boost. It might be something that you would want to talk to your opponent about before each game. I apologize about the inconvenience.

In short ask your opponent, which sums up pretty much all of the DA FAQ :blink:

Archived