Company Standard template

As I reach the completion of my army I still don't have a banner for my Company Standard Bearer. As this will be the centre piece of my army I was wanting something quite dramatic - possibly a legendary company hero stoving in the head of a xenos or someting equally inspirational (my fluff would indicate that this would be a necron as my Chapter was founded in response to the Necron threat).

Can anyone point in in the direction of some inspirational artwork or even better, ready made templates that I would be able to use?

many moons ago, there was a Bolter and Chainsword banner painting compo- might be archived or somewhereelse, if one of teh other mods/cedos or frater can remember the templates? I only had my entry a Space Wolves banner

• 2 weeks later...

Can't really give you exact pictures... But this is the direction in which I went with my Chapter banner.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_1177.jpg

It took me around 11 different doodles and sketches to finally get one I liked. Several elements of the above picture are from different sketches too. The fist, that was always there. But the crossed hammers came from a different picture, as did the scrolls on the side.

At the end of the design, I had a large blank spot where "Abregado" is. I was told that I should maybe put the Chapter's homeworld there. So I did. Fits well. :)

Just remember some things:

0. (I forgot, just didn't feel like moving all the numbers) Start with pencil. Draw on paper, and once you get a general idea, draw it again, in a bit different of a style.

1. Chapter Name

2. Chapter Icon

3. Its your company banner, so some captain's personal heraldry can go on it. (Shield, colors, etc)

4. If you have extra space, flip through the codex and find common pictures. Ie: bolters, crux's, aquilas, eagles, etc.

5. Send me pictures when you're done. :)

If you're REALLY having trouble with ideas. And you did say somethign about killing a Nacorn, try this.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251535_99110101299_SMMarneusCalgarmain_873x627.jpg

And basically replace the nid with a Nacorn.

Goodluck. And keep me informed. :)

-Shorts

If your chapter symbol is already used by a transfer or forgeworld kit then you can fairly easily convert an existing standard.

My Crimson Fists Crusade Company banner is the Red Scorpion honour guard banner, with a brass Crux Terminatus covering the scorpion on the banner and a Crimson Fist icon in a circle from the FW Crimson Fist Icon pack covering the scorpion on the head. I haven't painted it yet, but resin is very easy to file away.

Cheers guys for the pointers - think I'll give drawing one from scratch a go. My Chapter symbol is (conveniently) a pair of wings ie. BA or DA symbol with the drip/sword painted out, and my company symbol is (conveniently again) a clenched fist.

When I'm done I'm going to try and post the whole lot (approximately 170 models) on this site. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a techno-dinosaur so might be easier said than done. Only have 12 more models to paint...

Archived