Throne of Skulls battle log

Captain Idaho

Throne of Skulls battle log, 5th Company debrief

So yesterday evening I got back to Andover after a long drive home with a terrible hang over. I had a great time, even if I moaned a little after I was robbed by Madame Luck and her 6-sided minions.

I took the 5th Company with my preferred list, which is as follows:

Chapter Master (of the Marches)

- Relic Blade

- Storm Shield

= 170pts

Honour Guard

- +2 Honour Guard

- Chapter Banner

- Chapter Champion has a Relic Blade

- Mounted in a Razorback

= 265pts

Tactical Squad

- Sergeant has a Bolt pistol and Chainsword and Melta bombs

- +5 Tactical Marines

- Melta gun

- Missile launcher

- Mounted in a Rhino

= 215pts

Tactical Squad

- +5 Tactical Marines

- Melta gun

- Lascannon

- Mounted in a Rhino - extra Storm bolter

= 230pts

Tactical squad

- +5 Tactical Marines

- Plasma gun

- Lascannon

= 190pts

Dreadnought

- Assault Cannon

= 115pts

Dreadnought

- Twin Linked Lascannon

= 135pts

Landspeeder Squadron

- 2x Typhoons

= 180pts

Total 1,500pts

People often think it isn’t as effective as some of the “netlists” out there but I actually find it very sharp on the table and able to deal with everything.

The Honour Guard in particular is very effective and they are a mainstay in my game play.

Here is the low down:

Game 1

Orks

Opponent’s name: Classified

This game was the worse I have ever played. The opponent was dirty and actually cheated. I’m not going to waste my time with a report but suffice to say I narrowly lost but should have won as the opponent actually cheated.

Here is my post on Warseer that explains in a little more detail the shenanigans that went on:

• He disrupted my shooting turn 2 and train of thought by telling me that it was actually turn 1 and I had to roll night fighting as it was DoW. This was as I rolled a 2nd penetrating hit on his Ghazghull Battle Wagon. I got confused and went to do something else and then realised it was turn 2 and I actually could do what I wanted but now I had to roll it all again which of course meant nothing hit this time. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
  • He took overly long to play do the slightest thing, disrupting any continuality for me despite my polite prompts to get the game moving.
  • He tried to stop my Dreadnought from attacking his Mega Armoured Nobz because it was in close combat with another model. When I pointed out that this was not the case he brought it up with the referees who agreed with me. No harm done there at least but was an omen of things to come.
  • He used his death rollers to do all the damage to my army, which is fair enough as a tactic, but he was liberally moving the vehicles instead of moving in straight lines. When brought up he argued the toss.
  • When a ram! attack failed to destroy a vehicle he claimed a second ram attack despite being in base contact. I queried it and he reassured me this was fine so I trusted him. This lost me a further 4 KPs and the units use because of the following events. An observer also queried it so I checked with the referees but as there was only 10 minutes left and 2 turns to rush through, he was arguing the toss again and they couldn't find it so called it in favour of him. He ended winning by 2 KPs.
  • Oh yeah and when I asked what would happen if my Dreadnought did a death or glory attack on a Death roller battlewagon he deliberately mislead me! He said that I would suffer D6 S10 attacks and I said “so it’s exactly the same as not doing it then?” and he confirmed it, but then it turns out the Dreadnought took 2 D6 hits! Dirty trick I felt!

Incidentally the rule book states that a vehicle performing a tank shock (and therefore a ram attack) must move cruising speed therefore must move at least a bit. The referees since apologised to me as they agreed with my interpretation)

This person went on to come top for his race and win the event which to me means the victory was hollow as he was using tactics illegally the whole tournament.

Still, the Honour Guard proved their worth despite this, destroying a unit of 20 Orks, 3 Mega Armoured Nobz and 10 other Orks all in single turns charges!

Moving on…

Game 2

Black Templars

Opponent’s name: George Stavropoulos

His list was roughly the following:

Emperor’s Champion – army wide preferred opponent rules

Chaplain with powerfist and Crozius, plus assorted wargear including cenobytes

Crusader squad – 15 strong with powerfist and accompanied with both HQ choices

Crusader squad – five strong with lascannon

Crusader squad – five strong with melta gun and multi-melta in a drop pod

Assault Terminators – Furious charge and Lightning claws and one Thunderhammer

Crusader

Venerable Dreadnought in drop pod

Mission and deployment:

Annihilation and Spearhead

Black Templar Turn 1

I won dice off for deployment so opted to go first and deployed accordingly. He stole the initiative of course which ruined my alpha strike plans! He shot down a Typhoon to boot!

Ultramarines Turn 1

My Orbital Bomdardment merely stunned the Landraider Crusader which was annoying, as were all the Lascannons that failed to do any thing. The large Crusader squad took a few losses but nothing major.

I lost a Dreadnought to a meltagun but launched a counter charge against the evil Crusaders with my Honour Guard and the Assault Cannon Dreadnought. Killed 6 of them but the Chapter Champion and Master only achieved a single wound on the Emperor’s Champion as my opponent made four 4+ invulnerable saves! Of course on the flip side of this my Master was also wounded by the Emperor’s Champion.

Black Templar Turn 2

The Templar turn saw the Honour Guard cut down and a cenobyte getting another wound on the Master (typical!). I was clever and auto fell back with him as the Dreadnought was still in that combat.

I lost a Rhino from the assaulting Terminators.

Ultramarines Turn 2

My next turn saw my firepower achieve nothing against the Landraider (because penetrating hits with meltaguns can’t achieve above a one you know!) and not a single casualty against the Terminators despite lascannons buffeting them (rolling ones to wound).

My only choice was to send the Master in against the Terminators but at least he killed 3 and didn’t die in return (luck restored perhaps, though not enough if you ask me!).

Black Templar Turn 3

Templar turn saw the Dreadnought failing to hit that Chaplain but surviving the combat merely stunned.

The Venerable Dreadnought and Crusader melta squad drop pods arrived moved into position to threaten my units; the Dreadnought in the middle of my lines and squad beside my Master and a nearby Tactical squad.

Again combat came back to haunt me, with the Dreadnought rolling a one to wound the Chaplain (the only real threat with his 4 power fist attacks). I lost the Dreadnought CCW, of course!

A ray of sunshine was the Master killed the last 2 Terminators and consolidated into charge range of the 5 man squad nearby.

Ultramarines Turn 3

Another failed melta shot at the Landraider but even worse was the Typhoon missiles and Heavy Bolter and the Melta and lascannon from a Tactical squad at the rear armour of the Venerable Dreadnought got a single penetrating hit between them which resulted in a flat roll of a one. The Plasma gun and Lascannon of a nearby Tactical squad (target of the Dread) was just as uneffective, with only the plasma gun stunning it, but thanks to extra armour I was in trouble.

My Master charged the Crusaders and killed 3, but a single armour save needed to be taken from him and I promptly failed it! Cursing my luck, I tried to put on a brave face! We both laughed because if it wasn’t for the Strength 3 cenobyte I would have survived!

Turns 4 – end of game

Well with that the game went from worse to catastrophic! The Dreadnought died and despite shooting the Crusaders as much as I could they wouldn’t fail any saves, meaning they rolled up my army.

I ended up losing by something like 8 Kill Points to 2.

On the plus side, I had a much more enjoyable game and this guy was the one I ended up giving my “Best Opponent Award” to, such was his charisma. He later told me that he also gave me his “Best Opponent Award” so I felt even better about losing this game.

***editted to correct spelling mistakes! By the way I want to add in my summary here that even with a little luck I would have still lost by a couple KPs. Lesson learnt: don't fight Black Templars on a equal footing in assault!***

Game 3

Ultramarines 2nd Company

Opponent’s name: Theodore Dickson

His army had me worried when I looked at it because it was particularly heavily armoured and had some nasty threats! He told me that he had fought 2 Daemon players already so I guessed that my 5th Company were called into to cull their compromised brethren!

Chaplain

Terminator Assault squad

Tactical squad – full squad with a Razorback

Tactical squad – full squad

Landspeeder with Multi-melta and Heavy flamer

Landspeeder with Multi-melta and Heavy flamer

Landraider

Landraider Redeemer

Vindicator

Yikes I thought!

Mission and deployment:

Annihilation and Pitched battle

I actually went first this time!

My turn 1

I held back and just move into a position to strike with my units at a later date. My firepower was underwhelming, with only the Orbital Bombardment taking the Assault Cannons off the Redeemer. Pah!

2nd Company turn 1

In direct opposition to my performance, my opponent’s shooting destroyed a Rhino and the Lascannon Dreadnought! Hmm, I thought, more shocking luck due ruin another of my carefully played out plans…?

My turn 2

The Assault Cannon Dreadnought moved up against the Redeemer haring towards my lines. I managed to stun the Vindicator with the Typhoons with a flank shot (despite 3 penetrating hits) and a Lascannon took off a Flamestorm cannon but my shooting did nothing else.

I assaulted the Landraider with the Dreadnought, not out of desperation but actually because I wanted the additional movement! Didn’t hit though!

2nd Company turn 2

Here came the charge! After a disappointing shooting phase where only a Flamestorm Cannon killed a chunk of the Tactical squad with melta gun and Lascannon that lost their Rhino and a lascannon shot removed my Dread’s Assault Cannon he took a direct approach.

The Chaplain and Terminators charged both the footslogging and reduced Tactical squads. Both units were reduced to two and one member respectively (the Plasma gunner, Lascannon and melta gun. Both ran for the board edge and the Terminators consolidated towards the Honour Guard’s Razorback.

My turn 3

Revenge!

I shot dead 3 Terminators and one of my 2 melta guns managed to destroy the Redeemer!

The Typhoons destroyed the Demolisher Cannon I think, can’t really remember!

The Dreadnought charged the Vindicator and immobilised it

The Honour Guard charged and killed the Terminators and Chaplin for no loss (the Master killing the Chaplain with his 5 attacks before he could strike the squad!).

Consolidation towards the Razorback.

2nd Company turn 3

The Landspeeders both performed a deep strike next to the Typhoons! Uh-oh was my initial reaction!

He immobilised my poor Dreadnought but that was ok because it was still in base contact with the Vindicator.

The Landspeeders only managed a single penetrating hit against the Typhoons but this killed one.

My Dreadnought destroyed the Vindicator with it’s one attack in the opponent’s assault phase.

My turn 4

I moved the remnants of my Tacticals into hidden positions so they couldn’t get snipped and give away any KPs!

The Razorback moved to killing range with a Tactical squad (13”inches”).

My Typhoon exacted revenge and destroyed a Landspeeder.

2nd Company turn 4

The Dreadnought had another arm shot off, leaving it a sitting duck and quite useless!

The last of the opponent’s firepower concentrated on my Rhino and Razorback, immobilising the former and stunning the latter.

Turns 5 – end of game

The Honour Guard went onto to wipe out both the opponent’s Tactical squads with only the loss of a couple of models to shooting attacks. The Typhoon finished off the last Landspeeder and I won the game with only the loss of the Dreadnought to the Landraider.

Victory, 8 KPs to 3KPs!

Opponent was great to play against despite the beating he suffered (only having 2 models left!).

Game 4

Orks

Opponent’s name: James Barr (not his full name but he liked to be called James)

His list was daunting too! So many models! He had roughly the following:

Warboss on bike

Big Mek with usual force field

30 strong Ork mob with power claw Nob

30 strong Ork mob with power claw Nob

20 strong Ork mob with power claw Nob in a Battle Wagon

10 Strong Ork mob in Trukk

10 Lootas – 2 Meks with S8 weapons of some sort!

5 Ork Bikers with Nob

Ork Dreadnought

Kommandoes with power claw Nob

Mission and deployment:

Capture and Control and Pitched battle

At last, no more Kill Points!

I forget the details of this game exactly because I was so hung over (and still drunk) from the night before.

Basically I bided my time and waited for the Orks to get close to launch a counter attack:

My shooting killed the Dreadnought and culled the bikers and Warboss and immobilised the Battle Wagon and Trukk.

The Honour Guard killed an entire mob of 30 Orks in a single charge, with only about 5 or 6 being killed from shooting previously! They killed 15 on the charge! Return attacks bounced off my Artificer armour and the Master was engaged with the Nob but didn’t have to worry as he missed his 3 attacks. They ran and were run down like the dogs they are! The big Mek went with them!

A Tactical squad slowly took down their opposite number in assault thanks to the intervention of the Dreadnought with Assault cannon. They had a single man left!

The Dreadnought charged the Orks along with the Honour Guard. The Nob was in combat with the Dreadnought and so the squad had little to fear. Again the squad was culled and run down.

Scary moment was when the surviving Nob biker got through all my shooting and contested my objective, but my Tacticals charged in and took him down with massed attacks!

The opponent understandably wanted to concede as he couldn’t win and it was only like turn 5, so I said can I just charge the Lootas and see if I can kill them? He said ok so I did and they were promptly cut down also!

If we had carried on playing my sole surviving Tactical Marine in his deployment would also had held his objective!

Another Victory!

The opponent was sound to play against.

Game 5

Daemons

Opponent’s name: Robert Ellis

I also can barely remember all the details here because of the hang over but his approximate list was:

Epidemus

Kuugath (or whatever their names are)

3x 8 Plaguebearers

2x 2 Beasts of Nurgle

6 Nurglings

Soulgrinder

2x Daemon Princes

Mission and deployment:

Capture and Control and Dawn of War

This game hurt me bad! We all know that it is bad form to blame our luck but this game was snatched away from me despite my best efforts!

It all went wrong when a Daemon Prince needed 6s to hit my Rhino heading towards his objective that had just a single unit there to support it with Epidemus. Of course he got 3 which stopped it in it’s tracks and spelled doom for the squad inside who were surrounded by Plaguebearers and the Daemon Prince.

Next turn he charged the Typhoons and got another 3 6s, destroying both the same way!

The other side of the table saw all my attacks saved by 5+ invulnerable save and my army drowning in a tide of filth. Notable problems were both Dreads failing to do anything other than remove a single weapon from the Soulgrinder and both dying.

Still, Honour Guard tried to hold things together and killed many Daemons and even a Daemon Prince with the help of the Master and both Dreads charging in (taking the hits!)

Last ditch attempt to contest his objective and rescue my own was thwarted when another 3 6s hit the Razorback and destroyed it heading towards the objective and the Master fluffing his attacks against the last Beast contesting the objective.

The game ended there and I was left with a shell shocked expression and a loss. The amount of my firepower that bounced off Daemons was sickening, like a Daemon Prince making four out of five 5+ saves!

The opponent was a great opponent though and sympathised so much he gave me the “Best Opponent Award”.

Summary

A good weekend where the Honour Guard and Chapter Master really earned their stripes! They performed well every game and were responsible for:

• Approximately 24 strong Ork mob
  • Approxinately 26 strong Ork mob
  • 20 strong Ork mob
  • 3 Mega Armoured Nobz
  • 8 Trukk Boyz
  • 8 Plague Bearers
  • Daemon Prince of Nurgle
  • 8 Black Templars
  • 5 Sword Brethren Terminators
  • 3 Assault Terminators (good old bolt pistols!)
  • Chaplain
  • 10 Tactical Marines
  • 10 Tactical Marines

So certainly a great weekend. I felt I could have done better had I not been cheated the first game (I actually should have won) and my luck not gone the wrong way in 2 games.

Maybe next year luck will even out and I will get 4+ wins like I felt I deserved this year!

My list was certainly able to deal with everything my opponents threw at me and still wasn’t too cheesey, which was a good thing I felt.

To prevent games like the first from happening, make sure you know your rules inside and out. Play against people with all different armies so you know what to expect and what you can call them on. Know your foe!

Otherwise, good job!

fantastic report, i hate to bring up bad memories, but can you list out what your first orc player used. Also a little unclear on the death and glory with the dread, it would have suffered on 1d6 hits? if it death or gloried.

Your honor ate everything! I'm really going to have to consider redoing my 1500 to include a unit. Would you feel that a rhino instead of the razor would help in picking tacts that have lost their transports?

Also would you want to have melta on your dreads to, to help with your horrible melta luck vs armor?

I honestly think an extra Multi-Melta on the Assault Cannon Dread would have been a better choice. The Assault Cannon did get a couple rending penetrating hits but every time I rolled a one or two on the damage table! An extra +1 on the table would have helped my terrible luck!

To prevent games like the first from happening, make sure you know your rules inside and out. Play against people with all different armies so you know what to expect and what you can call them on. Know your foe!

To be honest its only because it was a little used rule from an army I rarely face. In fact it's the only rule I wasn't 100% on as far as I'm aware.

Well a few of the stats in the Daemon Codex are unusual enough for me to not know them exactly, but I still know the rough abilities of the army.

fantastic report, i hate to bring up bad memories, but can you list out what your first orc player used. Also a little unclear on the death and glory with the dread, it would have suffered on 1d6 hits? if it death or gloried

A Deathroller causes +D6 S10 hits on a unit tank shocked, which means rammed vehicles also. If you use a Death or Glory attack then you suffer a 2nd D6 S10 hits.

The list was something like:

Ghazghull

4 Mega Armoured Nobz in a Battlewagon with Redpaint job and Death roller (neither on the model)

20 Orks

20 Orks

20 Orks

10 Grechin

Battlewagon with Redpaint job and Death roller (neither on the model)

Boring and dirty. Played dirty also.

Your honor ate everything! I'm really going to have to consider redoing my 1500 to include a unit. Would you feel that a rhino instead of the razor would help in picking tacts that have lost their transports?

Personal preference really. A Rhino would grant you the flexibility you spoke of and is 5pts cheaper.

I love Honour Guard, but you really have to be clever with the targets you choose! Careful who you assault but be bold with them and you will be duly rewarded!

shame i couldnt come this year, i have it pencilled in for next november though... the scouts will be going to the ball

Awesome to have you along! Hopefully you will surprise people with it :blush:

yeah i hope so too.. i took on Chris' (loud suited guy) khorne CSM army with it last thursday to help him practice and wiped the floor with the poor guy.

Just got me thinking that if people were unfamiliar with my army and playstyle i could do reasonably well with it.

]it worked at sad muppets last year too.. hopefully this coming year aswell :blush:

Unlucky on meeting such a douche bag of a player. However I must commend you on such a great performance; yes lady luck was against you on two of those games but you still managed to fight hard and well! Your use of HG has inspired me to make mine and use them(well try) to the same effect you have.

Having been on the end of an honour guard charge many a time I can attest to none of this being luck, they really are quite powerful if you play them right.

Hopefully Idaho wont teach people to bury their power fists so they cant be locked against the units he wants them to be though :)

If I get the 40K bug back I might attend next year, certainly wont be able to play in my own tournament next year so I may take the chance with TOS. Annoying thing is my Typhoons are custom based and I just know that they will get booted out of the tournament, play style doesnt work without them.

Have to ask, though you would likely want to forget it, was the tool in game 1 resolving ram effects against his own tanks as well? From memory its Deathroller, Ram you and Ram him, even if his deathroller destroys you. You were right on the nose about him having to drive in straight lines if he is wanting to ram or tank shock.

You really do need a good luck token or something, dont know how you get so much good luck on the run up then get bashed at the big stage with such a dosing of bad luck.

Still you going to come to the Muppet tournament in May? GC was talking about coming last. We still have a 40K game left unresolved :P

If I get the 40K bug back I might attend next year, certainly wont be able to play in my own tournament next year so I may take the chance with TOS. Annoying thing is my Typhoons are custom based and I just know that they will get booted out of the tournament, play style doesnt work without them.

Depend, as some people where useing Baneblade to rep Battle Wagons. People had there own converted Storm Ravens just for when the brand new one come out I think GW one going to be a bit smaller than those converted for the weekend.

IP

GC was talking about coming last.

i was hoping for top ten at least :wallbash:

That will teach me for trying to hold 2 conversations, fix a pc and type on a forum at the same time. Not sure what conversation that was from but he certainly never suggesting coming last. What I meant to type was GC was talking about coming as he enjoyed it last time.

Its always a difficult one to guess, I had a friend report people were having models removed last year for not painting the sides of their bases consistently with the tops :lol: I have definitely had it said before that you need to use the correct flying bases and mine use the stalk but are on a modeled base, something I assumed would be a no no.

Maybe but they are always more relaxed on the day if the list looks ok with it. I know I saw a Space Wolf army that was only washed head to toe in a single colour - it looked aweful!

Suppose you would just have to phone up and ask! Failing that buy a new base off Ebay?

Have to ask, though you would likely want to forget it, was the tool in game 1 resolving ram effects against his own tanks as well? From memory its Deathroller, Ram you and Ram him, even if his deathroller destroys you. You were right on the nose about him having to drive in straight lines if he is wanting to ram or tank shock.

Most of the time the hit was only S5 or so which isn't a threat to AV14! It was the Death Rollers that did for my list and if I was sharper I would have won that battle convincingly! Curses, Seahawk is right that I should have known better!

Still you going to come to the Muppet tournament in May? GC was talking about coming last. We still have a 40K game left unresolved

Me and Graham are more than up for as many Tournaments as possible so count me in!

Unlucky on meeting such a douche bag of a player. However I must commend you on such a great performance; yes lady luck was against you on two of those games but you still managed to fight hard and well! Your use of HG has inspired me to make mine and use them(well try) to the same effect you have.

Thanks I think that it is pleasing to have inspired someone!

The Deff Rolla never damages the Ork vehicle it's mounted on, only the things it smashes into. So he would've only taken those piddly S5 hits and laughed it off.

Curses, Seahawk is right that I should have known better!
Of course you should have, and of course I am. I always am. Except when I'm not, which is not now. Or is it? ;)

Ha forgot to mention the most important parts of the event! The post game entertainment!

After the first day (Saturday) myself, sgt Campbell and his brother Neil took the campaign to the bar! A quick trip to the hotel room to spruce up and then off we went to Hooters! Closing time came and we went back to the hotel bar to finish the night on a high.

Of course, me being me, I got blind drunk and am surprised my heart didn't stop!

So the next day was extremely difficult and I'm surprised I even won a game that day!

The social side of the Throne of Skulls is a good reason to go, I reccomend it.

One of the guys in my team came up against that same Ork player in game 2. He was complaining about him too cheating (and I believe not actually having Deathrollas modelled onto his Battlewagons?). Still, when his mega armoured nobz charged my mate's Thunderfire Cannon and the Techmarine killed two of them and they ran off.... well that was just sweet payback!

@ Wan regarding the land speeder bases(if I read rightly they are on just normal marine bases?) the problem they'd have is that they are way smaller and gives you a small advantage in players needing to travel an extra 1" or so for combat. Easy solution if you don't have or can't get or don't want the regular bases; get some card and get a base, draw around on base and then cut(like nursery all over again:P) and at the tournament just stand the land speeder on the card base. To me then you have no advantage and should be no problem.

@ Idaho, when I attend this next Ultra meet I'll be sure to use some HG :P

@ Idaho, when I attend this next Ultra meet I'll be sure to use some HG :)

Hopefully they will work out for you in that case!

Oh yeah I was tempted to model a Chapter Champion with a Thunder Hammer, since he is a hidden model. Of course I would seriously miss his S6 initiative attacks, but sometimes it is nice to be able to splat a vehicle in assault and not be as threatened from Dreadnoughts.

One of the guys in my team came up against that same Ork player in game 2. He was complaining about him too cheating (and I believe not actually having Deathrollas modelled onto his Battlewagons?). Still, when his mega armoured nobz charged my mate's Thunderfire Cannon and the Techmarine killed two of them and they ran off.... well that was just sweet payback!

Sweet pay back and nice bit of karma that he didn't win in the end!

I don't like to bad mouth someone but when I heard of his success I just couldn't help raising it so the world would know.

Sweet pay back and nice bit of karma that he didn't win in the end!

I don't like to bad mouth someone but when I heard of his success I just couldn't help raising it so the world would know.

Turns out he did win. They miscalculated the results, and the Dark Eldar guy didn't win after all. We thought it was very strange that Dark Eldar won, when there were two DE players and they scored 12 and 13, making their average 12.5. There's no way they could win overall with only 0.5 points above average. Unfortunately that means that the unsporting Ork player won.

@ Wan regarding the land speeder bases(if I read rightly they are on just normal marine bases?) the problem they'd have is that they are way smaller and gives you a small advantage in players needing to travel an extra 1" or so for combat. Easy solution if you don't have or can't get or don't want the regular bases; get some card and get a base, draw around on base and then cut(like nursery all over again:P) and at the tournament just stand the land speeder on the card base. To me then you have no advantage and should be no problem.

Actually its more complex than that, they are on "similar" sized bases but the base is actually a mould of a wrecked sentinel along with a bunch of filler (so the speeder is floating over wrecked IG bits). Poses two issues 1, they arent standard size because the base size isnt exact and the stalk doesnt start at the base but slightly higher up and 2 its a mould and likely to furrow some brows from GW people :angry:

You will see them in Jan, hopefully I will have time to actually improve the paint job so they look much better by then

Turns out he did win. They miscalculated the results, and the Dark Eldar guy didn't win after all. We thought it was very strange that Dark Eldar won, when there were two DE players and they scored 12 and 13, making their average 12.5. There's no way they could win overall with only 0.5 points above average. Unfortunately that means that the unsporting Ork player won.

Maybe but the guy who originally won hasn't been contacted by GW about returning his trophy...

You will see them in Jan, hopefully I will have time to actually improve the paint job so they look much better by then

Hopefully we can get you some cheap bases from Ebay!

Archived