Highlight paint?

SecretStamos

Hey everyone! I currently have a 1000pt Dark Angels army. Since the entire army has been painted for about a year or so, and I decided it was time for me to "touch up" my army with some highlighting. I used a basecoat of Chaos Black, followed by a coat of Orkhide shade. What color should I use as a wash to highlight the armor? I've been thinking of using Thraka Green or watered down Dark Angels or Snot Green.

Thanks!

higlights are not made with washes, as far as I know. The only way such thing could work is the armour being snot green or something like that, so a wash in a darker green would tone it down, but Im not sure how it could come out. Search in the tutorials section, there should be info regarding on how to make higlights there.

Hey everyone! I currently have a 1000pt Dark Angels army. Since the entire army has been painted for about a year or so, and I decided it was time for me to "touch up" my army with some highlighting. I used a basecoat of Chaos Black, followed by a coat of Orkhide shade. What color should I use as a wash to highlight the armor? I've been thinking of using Thraka Green or watered down Dark Angels or Snot Green.

Thanks!

Can you put up a picture?

To highlight, I'd suggest doing the edges with a light green (snot or catachan or similar) and then give it some green wash to "blend" the lines.

If your idea was to give just a wash in order to brighten up... I don't think it can be done.

Archived