Custom Sanguinary Guard

Guest ShinKosh

Guest ShinKosh

Hey all, was hoping to see if anyone had any ideas for a custom sanguinary guard unit for my successor BA chapter. Preferably kitbashed together as modeling with green stuff and me normally ends up like something the dog ate.

The first and most obvious question is likely "Why not use sanguinary guard?", two answers. Firstly, and most importantly I don’t think power armour should have nipples nor a six pack :blush: secondly, a equally as funny, my chapter are shying away from blood drops, instead focusing on the wings and skulls for their chapter icon. My Furious is actually a Night Lord hull with marine arms, my chapter master has a bat wing on his shoulder etc.

First idea I had was waiting very patiently for the Grey Knights plastic kits and use the power armuored squad as a basis with standard jump packs but since that is likely 4 months away I’m feeling that itch to do something.

Anyone got any good ideas for a sanguinary guard unit? I am toying with the idea of the metal Night Lord shoulders but as for the rest I'm drawing a blank.

Ideas?

Guest ShinKosh

It's a worthwhile start point I grant you but I checked out some close ups of the DC chests and there is a dubious about of blood drops and other stuff I would have to set about with a modeling knife to clean off.

Now using the LotD models is something I didn’t consider, that could well be something worth looking into.

It's a nice start bud, cheers.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Or regular Assault Marines/Command Squad upgraded with the Night Lords Conversion Pack.

And for the Emperor's sake use actual Glaives.

I was thinking about doing something similar with a command Squad Box, but I am stumped how to make the Angelus Bolters. So for now at least this squad will be veterans with all sorts of normal weapons. I got the glaives above though, so the sergeant has one, even though it is a sub-par choice.

Guest ShinKosh

See, I thought about Raptors myself but they are a little to chaos'y to get away with (I already get judgmental glares when the Night Lords dread rolls out and all my squad leaders have chaos backpacks). Also ive never been a massive fan of the Raptor model, maybe their jumppacks though.

I think the Night Lords shoulders are almost a most have now for my Guard. Im starting to think now that Im going to have to wait for the Grey Knights release, since they will all have wrist mounted bolters and fancy ass looking chopping sticks. It sucks but I just cant see any other models working as well as them for the role.

There's plastic grey nights coming out? Where did u read this?

I would say use Mk IV helmets, normal jump packs, the SG winged shoulder gaurd and plenty of honour rolls.

The DC torsos do have alot of blood drops bt use these to your advantage, 'blood gems' just paint them in a ge

styled colour.

Guest ShinKosh

Concerning my chapter, they are Blood Angel successors, use BA dex and in general are very much of the vampireish type, minus any sparkling. Instead of going with the blood drops and angel motif of their forefathers, they are more based on wings and fanged skulls, hence the Night Lord dreadnought skipping through their ranks all pimped up with his front AV of 13.

In general I do like the Night Lords and if I could get away with a loyalist splinter I more than likely would roll with it but since the Blood Angels are as close as you can get while still serving Him on Terra, I went with them.

As for the Grey Knights question, rumours I heard are that Daemon Hunters is the next book out, and with it Im assuming plastic Greys and their ever so cool armour.

I like the idea about swapping off the SG heads for more sane, manly ones. Don’t suppose anyone knows a site that sells raptor jump packs (an actually has them in stock?). Regardless of how it do it though, I think the Night Lord conversion kit is a must have for my chapter, at least for my elite jump unit, be it honour guard, Sanguinary Guard, or just Vanguard.

Hey dont go knocking power nipples or armored torsos. They look really cool. I dont ever see anyone fussing about Mephiston's tight abs or Dante's deathmask. It's all part of our mystique. If you dont like it that is okay, no one is going to say you have to use those bits. To me they look cool, much tighter than say smurfs or scaly skinned Salamanders. A big part of the hobby is creating your army to match how you imagine them. Have fun with it.

G :huh:

Archived