Back after a bit

Isryion

So, I was active on this board through early/mid summer but have since dropped off (I became involved in a WoTR painting escalation and then got back into Fantasy with advent of 8th Ed). But recently, I was revisiting Blood Angels recently and I wondered if any good revelations have been had since I've been gone now that several months have passed since the codex came out. Is the army still as flexible as it was, are Blood Talon DC or Furioso dreads still awesome, any good combos found to make an all JP or even non-mech army viable, is the BA captain still out in favor of a libby and/or reclusiarch, etc...etc...?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

In no particularly useful order, yip, yip, no, yip... a bit. :lol:

As for the netlists here, I've felt they've drifted a little back from (RAS) spam lists and into more reasonable and balanced lists.

'Seen a lot more usage of VVs and the black and white reactions to the stormraven have mellowed.

I've seen the tactical & scout hate reduce to the point where scoring models are becoming a mixed bag of assault, tacticals and/or scouts. Also seen (here) a few more folks start looking at deeper synergies than just killhammer calculations.

Librarians are not quite as often used for shielding as was first drooled over, too.

Sternguard are beginning to get a look in too.

Which is nice.

Intersting, and thanks for the update. ]

The problem I always ran into when I started and was going heavy with RAS was that they just aren't good enough to take on other assaullt oriented armies, so I've always tried to get at least one squad of tacticals in. Good to see that it wasn't just me.

Interesting point on the librarians. I'd assume that people are still taking them, if just for the hood, but would be interested to know if people are making balanced lists work without them.

How are people kitting out their sternguard? I typically use a dev squad but stern have some potential and I could see them filling a similar role, just better..

Basically the "competative" lists are still Razor spam, but there is more DoA (and variations there-upon), "balanced" lists and a few sort of "fast n slow" lists. Obviously most get decked by leafblower if your opponent is so inclinded, but most "balanced" builds for example Blood Rodeo, in my meta, I can win with, so its all good in the hood.

BA Captains are still weak, and that just wont change I feel, Libbys present to many options w/ unique powers (anti tank/protection/multipliers) where as the captain is always going to be a guy that can just get kitted up and not be as good as his vanilla or SW counterparts (vanilla captains can both take better gear AND turn bikes into troops, SW can get even better gear and then saga's/TWC and basically become a special character). But thats nothing new at all. Only thing I can see making captains needed is the requirement of a invul + ws6 on your commander.

Archived