Dark Eldar Sighted, Xenos force Repelled

Guroff

Guys,

Thought I would share a small skirmish I had today versus a Dark Eldar player in a friendly 1000pt game.

Here is my Army List:

HQ: Blood Angel Librarian

Psychic Abilities: Unleash Rage and Might of Heroes

Troop 1: Assault Squad: 9 Units

Sergeant with Power Fist and Melta Bombs

RAS Marine with Meltagun

Dedicated Rhino Transport

Troop 2: Assault Squad: 10 Units

Sergeant with Power Fist and Melta Bombs

RAS Marine with Meltagun

RAS Marine with Flamer

Dedicated Rhino Transport

Fast Attack 1: Baal Predator with Assault Cannon

Side Sponson Heavy Bolters

Extra Armor, Searchlight

Heavy 1: Vindicator

Siege Shield, Dozer Blade, Searchlight

Heavy 2: Whirlwind

Searchlight

This was the force that I rolled out onto the field. Dark Eldar List to follow.

Dark Eldar Army List

HQ: Archon

Troop 1: Warrior with Raider Transport

Troop 2: Warrior with Raider Transport

Troop 3: Witches with Raider Transport

Fast Atk: 6 Reavers

Heavy: Ravager

We rolled Siege Ground Misson type and the Deployment was Dawn of War

We placed the objectives Central to the board covering the mid point and the two sides all along the central axis <--x----x---x-->

The Dark Eldar player deployed first bringout out two Raiders, one including the Witches with his HQ and the other a group of warriors both centrally located on his side of the deployment area.

I in turn deployed my Two Rhinos

The 1st Squad with HQ deployed in the central part of my zone besides cover from his initial troop deployement <-------x--------->

The 2nd Squad deployed on my Left Flank utilizing cover of the map to go for the objective marker <---x------------->

My assault squad with my HQ rolled and became red Thirsted

Turn 1 to Follow

Turn 1:

Movement:

His Ravager deployed in the central part of the table edge moving up to position for shots on my HQ Rhino<----x---->

His Reavers came out of the left Flank to take shots at my Rhino with my other RAS squad <--x------>

His third Raider with troops zoomed in on the left flank to position for the objective marker and his first two Raiders moved up to attack the central objective marker and make a go at my HQ Rhino.

Shooting

His focal point was trying to pop my HQ rhino but with Night fighting in affect even the Dark Eldars night vision failed as all his rolls against the Rhino failed to gain the distance needed. (Bad Luck for the Dark Eldar) as he brought a total of 6 Lance shots on this target.

He managed to with his reavers destroy the Storm Bolter on the secondary Rhino but that was all he could gain.

There were no Assaults

My Turn 1

Movement:

HQ Rhino moved to engage the incoming raiders in the central part of the board

2nd Rhino moved to engage the solo Raider on the Left Flank

Baal Predator, Vindicator, and WW all deployed center Right of the map to focus on the Ravager, and two raiders inbound, leaving the 2nd rhino to deal with holding left flank.

<-----BV----->

<------ww----->

Shooting:

2nd Rhino shoots at Raider on Left Flank but misses target

Baal Predator shoots at first Raider, locates target in dark and manages to destory the weapoon with its assault cannon. Searchlight remains on target

HQ Rhino uses Firing Point to Fire Meltagun Popping the Raider Forcing the units to disembark and killing 2 warriors in the ensuing explosion

Vindicator manages to locate the exposed warriors and fires his demolisher cannon into the unit killing 3 more units.

Whirlwhind takes a shot at the 2nd Raider and manages to Wreck the vehicle causing its Witches and Archon to disembark in the middle of the map.

No Assaults

Turn 2 to Follow

Turn 2

Dark Eldar Movement:

Reavers close on 2nd Rhino to fully engage all weapons on Rhino's rear armor

Surviving Raiders crosses into my Left portion of Deployement zone into cover to make a run on Left Objective still

Ravager sidesteps to take another shot at my HQ Rhino

HQ Archon and Witches Retreat into Cover behind Ravager in Ruins

Warrior Troops position using their destroyed raider to provide some cover from approaching Mechanized Marine force

Shooting:

Reavers engage 2nd Rhino causeing it to explode killing the SM Sergeant and 1 troop, also killing on off the reaver bikes in the explosion

Ravager fires at Rhino but only disables its wpn system in the process.

No Assaults

Blood Angel Turn 2:

Movement:

2nd Assault squad repositions to take on Reavers in shooting/assault phase

HQ Rhino shifts right to take a shot at Ravager

Vindicator shifts right and forward to negate cover on Warriors

Baal shifts Forward left to engage Ravager with Assault Cannon

Whirlwhind stays put in rear

Shooting:

Vindicator fires on exposed Warriors managing to kill entire squad.

2nd Assault squad with Melta and Flamer shoot and manage to kill all but 1 Reaver

Baal Shoots at Ravager and manages to Destroy it this turn.

Whirlwind fires Incendiary Missiles at HQ and Witches inflicting heavy causualties on the squad.

Assault:

2nd Assault squad assaults the remaining Reaver destroying it.

End of Turn and Dark Eldar Player concedes game.

First time facing Dark Eldar and although I dont have alot of game experience as most of my time spent is on the modeling side of things, I was very pleased how my Blood Angels played today.

This was the first time I have used a Whirlwhind or a Vindicator in my Army and against this matchup, they preformed excellent.

Any feedback on my strat or army list is always appreciated.

Happy Hunting to all you Blood Angels out there.

I'm surprised your opponent didn't concentrate his dark lance fire on destroying your 2 AV13 tanks. That would have been a significant blow. Well done though. I may include my regular armor choices and a WW in my list when I fight my friend's DE.

In Dawn of War deployment type, the transport counts as one troops choice and those in them count as another, so only a rhino with its guys inside could have deployed (not really important to this particular battle report since the same rule would have applied to him, just a friendly reminder). What did he get for his drugs? +1 STR? Grats on your win!

Archived