Epic Black templar game tonight

thundrchickn

Today i tried out a list I was thinking of running for an 1850 tourney in 2 weeks. My choices for lists are double stormraven(ultra elite), a hybrid termy/razor list, and MSU spam. Today i tried MSU spam against a BT player I have never beaten. Every one of our games has come down to the wire but today was a definate defeat for him. here's the list

Librarian

Shield/fear

6 razorback assault squads all the same

-5 guys no upgrades except the Las/TLplas vehicle upgrade

2 baal preds with assault cannons no sponsons

2 Landspeederes with TML squaded together

3 preds with las sponsons

i had some searchlights to fill out the points on predators i think I don't have the list in the house

his list had approximately

emperors chump

terminator squad

3 LC

2 TH/SS

furious charge

LRC with MM

3 tactical squads with meltas, powerfists, rhinos w/ EA

3 autolas preds like mine

3 melta flamer landspeeders running in singles

Game was sieze and control with spearhead deployment

Turn 1 he won the roll and set up and I stole the initiative.(MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

My baal preds were in reserves hoping to come on right behind his objective to contest and get some rear armor. It was also really crowded hiding all those tanks behind 1 small building. I moved everything out from behind the building and unload a ton of lascannons wrecking 2 rhinos(1 was the emperors chumps sweet ride), stunned 2 of his 3 preds and immobilize a landspeeder way down range in his territory where his MM will never hurt a thing.

My opponent didn't have much else to work with. He advanced his LRC and his last rhino forward with the EC squad hiding behind the rhino. His other 2 land speeders canme up and I think thats when he got an immobilized result on one of my preds. That was about it. He was rolling terrible for the entire game and he didn't have much to work with.

Turn 2

I start shifting my tanks around himto start moving towards his side. I tore up the 2 landspeeders good. ! was immobilized with no weapons and the other was stunned and stuff. 1 of the baals came on from the wrong table endge and just sped up 12 inches and took pot shots at the rear of the landraider. I think i shook another pred at this point.

His last rhino moves up 6 inches with the EC behind and he's within range to start using his squads meltas. The third squad was backtracking back to his objective and they're still a little ways out in the open. He stuns a pred which blocks my little sidestep manuever I was using to circle around his advance. The LRC gets close enough to start shooting and shook another pred.( I had all my preds in the front giving 3+ saves to my razors just FYI).

Turn 3

The other baal pred comes on from the same spot as the first while the first is advancing on my opponents preds. HERE'S THE GAME BREAKER. The second baal pred wrecks the LRC with 1 rending shot. I had 1 pred and 3 razorbacks I had set up to take it out but the first shots of the round with an assault cannon wrecked it. I wasn't gonna wast that so I started unloading all those las/plas shots into the termies killing a couple. He had a major cover save because Only 1 guy was sticking out partially behind the LRC and he didn't pull him as a casualty so I kept shooting. I tried to take out the preds with my landspeeders and baal pred but i couldn't get it done. I did wreck the last rhino and nuetralized the land speeder that was shaken earlier so all the landspeeders were essentially out of the game. I killed a few guys from each of the advancing tactical squads but nothing massive.

He trys to kill my baal pred that has crossed half the table and on it's way to contest. He detroys the assault cannon but this thing would end up not being out of the game. He immobilizes a pred that s within charge distance of termies and he ends up wrecking it after they cahrge. The EC squad charged the other leading pred that was stunned last turn but fails to get results.

Turn 4

the jerk faced baal pred with no guns parks directly in front of his 2 preds. I got an immobilized result 1 of them from my landspeeders so both of his preds have a baal pred sitting directly in front of them blocking a ton of sight. the rest of the army nearest my board endge start moving again around his squads since they're no longer shaken/stunned and the 4 tanks I had eyeing the termies last turn move up to shoot around my home building to kill a few termies and put a shot of 2 into the preds. I killed the other 3 termies in this turn and tried to Fear 1 of the squads and make them run so he wouldn't get a next turn charge but I rolled preils and took a wound. I killed a few guys in each of the 2 tactical suqads.

He charges into 1 of my razorbacks and immobilizes it and breaks my plasma gun. His 2 preds have a big red brick sitting in front and due to wrecked/immobilized vehicles and a table edge, couldn't get a good shot on anything. It was in range of his Land speeder that was stranded in his deployment area but he failed to do anything with all three vehicles since he wasn't in melta range with his speeder.

Turn 5

Moved as much of the rodeo around some more. I was within a straight shot of his objective by turn 6. I had to go full out with 2 of my tanks hoping the game would go on for another turn. My gunless baal speeds over and parks next to his building contesting his objective. He has a melta in the squad above in a window so I was expecting that vehicle to die very soon. The other baal pred speeds up and take the first -position blocking the pred in. I move my speeders up 12 and try to put some shots into preds but fail to hurt them. I unload a lot of las/plas that killed the termies in to the 2 tact squads that are about 12-18 inches from my objective. I cut 1 squad down to five men and they failed a Fear of darkness check and they start running by my land speeders. They would end up running the rest of the game as I continued to have some vehicle within 6 inches as I advacned. The other tact squad with the EC was cut down to 1 man. The EC. I got 5 guys out of 1 razorback thinking to tie them up but after seeing how well shoting went I held off. I felt confident the EC would have smashed a bare bones 5 man squad easily so I waited to see if he'd charge on his turn. They were in the opposite direction of my objective and he had nothing else close enough to try taking my objective.

My opponent didn't have much left at this point. ! full tact suqad on the second floor of his building shooting at the top of my baal pred. 2 pred 1 immobilized, both blocked up a bit by my other baal pred, the EC and an immobilized landspeeder. The speeder shot the baal pred that was contesting in rear armor but got nothing. The immobilized pred turned all weapons around to shot the same pred and got nothing. The EC took the bait and charge my 5 man and slaughtered them all but now he would be in the open.

Turn 6

Next trun his 5 man squad was running. My entire rear flank has moved within striking distance of his objective. i put a wound on the EC.I tried putting some shots on the 2 preds. Got nothing.

He failed to take out the baal again. EC moved up behind a wreck for cover. 5 man squad is still running.

We go to Turn 7

He conceeds because he couldn't contest my objectvie and I had a million tanks descending on his base.

Man that game was rough indeed!

It was definitely difficult dealing with such heavy losses due to deployment. Was not expecting you to jack the initiative man that hurt. Then losing so many critical units and really having nothing to return the damage with wasn't helping, then on top of that :cussty rolls? Guess I was just destined to lose ;)

It was definitely difficult dealing with such heavy losses due to deployment. Was not expecting you to jack the initiative man that hurt. Then losing so many critical units and really having nothing to return the damage with wasn't helping, then on top of that :cussty rolls? Guess I was just destined to lose ;)

you were do for a loss sooner or later. Are you gonna chagne up your list for the tourney? not sure if I'm gonna run this one.

you were do for a loss sooner or later. Are you gonna chagne up your list for the tourney? not sure if I'm gonna run this one.

I am gonna keep running with the list I have been using, I mean honestly I think that this is the best I can bring considering I'm still a 4th edition codex.... and the list is good honestly, it's just I still have alot to learn. (And new dice to buy.... or a goat to sacrifice ha ha ha)

P.S. I put the pics of the new stuff I painted up! he he

you park a pred directly in front of a razor or any rhino chassis and if someone tries to shoot it from that arc. You get a 3+ cover save becuase none of the vehicle can be seen in that facing.

So if you have a squad or vehicle in the front arc of my razorback. They can see the vehicles side armor but the front armor is 100% blocked(very easy to do since rhino chassis is very shoe box like). Even though you can see side armor very well you're shooting at front and theres a special reference in the BRB if you can't see any of the armor you're shooting at, it gets a 3+ on side armor. pg 62 BRB bottom left paragraph.

you park a pred directly in front of a razor or any rhino chassis and if someone tries to shoot it from that arc. You get a 3+ cover save becuase none of the vehicle can be seen in that facing.

So if you have a squad or vehicle in the front arc of my razorback. They can see the vehicles side armor but the front armor is 100% blocked(very easy to do since rhino chassis is very shoe box like). Even though you can see side armor very well you're shooting at front and theres a special reference in the BRB if you can't see any of the armor you're shooting at, it gets a 3+ on side armor. pg 62 BRB bottom left paragraph.

I was not aware of that, thanks for pointing it out.

And thanks for the Batrep too. I hate it when the initiative is stolen from me :)

Archived