Vindicator Rules Question

Guroff

Vindicator Rules Question:

Guys, I am hoping someone can answer a probably pretty easy rules question I have now that I just finished my first Vindicator Model and fielded it the other day.

In the codex, the Vindicator is cabable of being fielded with a Siege shield and a Dozer blade.... Does the Siege shield cover both the Difficult terrain and Dangerous terrain or do I need to allocate both points wise to gain both benefits...

Thanks

The Siege Shield covers both. If you read the BRB p.57 2nd paragraph "Vehicles are not slowed down by difficult terrain, but treat all difficult terrain as dangerous." So you only have to buy ONE upgrade, the Siege Shield is superior to a dozer blade.

Ebsolom

Edit: Ninja'd by Leonaides :sick:

Just a thing to think about though: a Vindi with Dozer Blade only has 1 in 36 chance to get immobilised. So essentially the Siege shield is a 5 points upgrade to the DB to negate the 2,8% chance of getting stuck... not really worth it, imo.

Mathematically, I agree.

But those games the dozer blade fails, that stinks.

Just a thing to think about though: a Vindi with Dozer Blade only has 1 in 36 chance to get immobilised. So essentially the Siege shield is a 5 points upgrade to the DB to negate the 2,8% chance of getting stuck... not really worth it, imo.

Mathematically, I agree.

But those games the dozer blade fails, that stinks.

played a game at 'ard boys couple years back. 2 DA Vindis with Dozers. First two moves of the game. My opponent immobilized both on the terrain he deployed in.

Was a lovely lovely game. :D

I use my Vindicator in almost every game. I have found that the siege shield is extremely useful. I don't mind paying five extra points for the ability to cross terrain without risk. I also take it because it scares people out of their wits when it obliterates eight marines with one shot. If it loses the demo cannon I simply ram other vehicles to pieces. Good luck with your vindicator Gurof.

Archived