GW Wash ,,smells really bad ?!

lolita23q

hello

You just have to hear me out,yesterday one of my Wash (devlan mud) smelled sick bad not just a little bad, but seriously so you had to cough and feal nausea after you smelld it

given all the washes does not smell so good from the beginning, this was a totally horrible smell :sick:

now I wonder if anyone else has encountered this or if it can be so that the washer can rot?

I threw it anyway (eh not much left)

Yup, I replaced my Devlan Mud recently purely on the basis that it smelt absolutely vile. Not the 'oh, its a bit play-doughy' or a 'little bit rough', I mean full-on rotting cabbage make-you-retch. Maybe there is an ingredient which rots, since it seems to be Devlan in particular.

ooh yeah thats the smell ,sick

think I will write to GW and ask , anyone know the email ?

My thrakka green and Badab black smells too but not sooo bad as devlan it was a really terrible smell

I've bought tons of the new washes (particularly Devlan Mud, Badab Black, Leviathan Purple, and Asurmen Blue) and I haven't had any major concerns with them yet (insofar as smell is concerned). Taste is something else entirely (but we won't get into that...)

Besides the taste of the new washes are nothing compared with the old inks. Now the old Chestnut Inks and Flesh Washes...THOSE tasted something mighty fierce...

DV8

Ha! Not noticed any stink coming off the new washes (yet), but the comments about smell and taste made me laugh...

Just gotten back into the hobby, and always used to love the smell of Citadel paints, and have a bad habit of pointing my brush with my lips and always thought the paint tasted good!

So for me, the smell of GW's paints always brings back good memories... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I have experienced the same with the GW washed, especially with the devlan mud as already mentioned. I hope it doesn't not contain real-life mud in order to add a touch of realism.. I have to say that taste is pretty alcali, so it might contains salts..hope it is not earth salts.

There should be a chemical data sheer somewhere for these products either online or by request. I think they are called MSDS sheets, but I may be wrong.

I've bought tons of the new washes (particularly Devlan Mud, Badab Black, Leviathan Purple, and Asurmen Blue) and I haven't had any major concerns with them yet (insofar as smell is concerned). Taste is something else entirely (but we won't get into that...)

Besides the taste of the new washes are nothing compared with the old inks. Now the old Chestnut Inks and Flesh Washes...THOSE tasted something mighty fierce...

DV8

Chestnut tasted bad? I may have to go try some before I go to bed.

Badab is the worst tasting I've had so far. Maybe they're made with horrible scents to try and discourage children from getting too involved in the hobby.

Archived