BA video game?

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Aye, him and perhaps, of course, Mephiston. Switching between them act by act would be pretty cool to get both sides of the coin.

Gogo GW.

when you say both sides of the coin what exactly do you mean?

I think he means that Tycho falls to the Black Rage and Mephiston overcame it.

so here's what i was thinking you start off as tycho in story mode, and you play through his career that way you get to experience everything from scout up to captainhood and DC.

BA video game?  :) Are there any rumors I haven't heard of?

I think if it were any BA game, the player would either play as Mephiston (during the 2nd and 3rd war of Armageddon) or the protagonist will be some 'unknown' Captain or Sergeant, who'll climb his career ladder. I personally think that the second path is more likely. Just look at existing 40k games - we were given the 'unknown' Chapter, not only characters. As for upcoming 40k game -  Space Marine - we'll play as Smurfs  :unsure:

so here's what i was thinking you start off as tycho in story mode, and you play through his career that way you get to experience everything from scout up to captainhood and DC.

BA video game?  :) Are there any rumors I haven't heard of?

I think if it were any BA game, the player would either play as Mephiston (during the 2nd and 3rd war of Armageddon) or the protagonist will be some 'unknown' Captain or Sergeant, who'll climb his career ladder. I personally think that the second path is more likely. Just look at existing 40k games - we were given the 'unknown' Chapter, not only characters. As for upcoming 40k game -  Space Marine - we'll play as Smurfs  :unsure:

nope, no game coming. (as far as i know) i was just thinking of how i would incorporate the DC into a video game.

and, i'm not sure mephiston overcoming the rage would really be 'both sides' since that was an isolated incident, not to mention i'm pretty sure mephiston over came the rage long before tycho became a marine, which would make the story mode for the game awkward.

and, i'm not sure mephiston overcoming the rage would really be 'both sides' since that was an isolated incident, not to mention i'm pretty sure mephiston over came the rage long before tycho became a marine, which would make the story mode for the game awkward.

I thought in 5th ed C:BA it was said that Meph overcame his Black Rage during campaign on Armageddon, when Tycho got his face scarred. I'll have to check this tonight.

Speaking of video game, I think if we were to meet DC in game, DC would shown as 'ravening madmen, not able to communicate normally and constantly babbling of Sanguinius visions' and the protagonist would be given a task to use this 'ultimate weapon' to accomplish some important but sneaky mission. So we'll have to achieve the objective and control the raging DC in the same time. I assume that the game will either be an RPG or Gears-of-War-like action, so no easy task are expected  :unsure:

Oh, yahh, I was a bit vague and from a game-play standpoint as well as fluff.

Kinda meant that there's perfection of form and function attuned to the power of the warp on one side, ravening madness trapped in the warp echo of Sanguinius's rage upon the other. Not only that though, but also grunt progression vs libby progression. It'd give more meaning to both of them while playing.

I thought in 5th ed C:BA it was said that Meph overcame his Black Rage during campaign on Armageddon, when Tycho got his face scarred. I'll have to check this tonight.

Speaking of video game, I think if we were to meet DC in game, DC would shown as 'ravening madmen, not able to communicate normally and constantly babbling of Sanguinius visions' and the protagonist would be given a task to use this 'ultimate weapon' to accomplish some important but sneaky mission. So we'll have to achieve the objective and control the raging DC in the same time. I assume that the game will either be an RPG or Gears-of-War-like action, so no easy task are expected  :P

i could be wrong, but even if the time lines do coincide i think playing as both mephy and tycho would be awkward game for some reason, besides you could play through the third war for Armageddon as tycho for an entire game alone with only a little bit of thought put into it.(story wise)

what i was thinking for the tycho DC thing would be like the last 5 missions you have increasingly more short in game videos that depict sanguinius' final battle, then on the last mission you're tycho going to your big final stand, and to represent your madness and just wanting to get to grips with the enemy, make it almost impossible to move any direction but towards the bad guys, as well as having the orks 'morphing' back and forth between horus/chaos marines and orks, and depending on whether it's FPS or 3rdPS have you're tycho avatar 'morphing' into sanguinius and back (if it's a third person shooter that is) maybe have the edge of the screen tinged red and a darker hue to the overall look of the game maybe?

what i was thinking for the tycho DC thing would be like the last 5 missions you have increasingly more short in game videos that depict sanguinius' final battle, then on the last mission you're tycho going to your big final stand, and to represent your madness and just wanting to get to grips with the enemy, make it almost impossible to move any direction but towards the bad guys, as well as having the orks 'morphing' back and forth between horus/chaos marines and orks, and depending on whether it's FPS or 3rdPS have you're tycho avatar 'morphing' into sanguinius and back (if it's a third person shooter that is) maybe have the edge of the screen tinged red and a darker hue to the overall look of the game maybe?

Man, this is sick! ;)   When I started reading about DC Tycho I thought of the same things. Orks morphing into Chaos Marines, Armageddon's deserts turn into Vengeful Spirit's interiors... and maybe this metamorphosis would happen partially - like some part of location is desert (or hive city), some is Horus' ship...some enemies turn into Chaos marines, while some remain the same... All is vague and adorned with red mist.. And (hey, gamedevs, we provide valuable ideas :P ) the morphed enemies will represent high-priority targets... like if you see an ork mob in front of you and some far ork turns into Chaos marine, you have to kill him first (like non-morphed enemies become 'neutral' so you can't attack them)...

I've liked the idea. I've often wondered what it was like, the mental transition between realities. It might even be fun to have it an option in a game, whereby one spends one's 'sanity bar' for instant strength, speed and resilience... the game is more graphic and fun and perhaps easier... but reality as displayed becomes harder to understand... and one is sometimes forced into auto-running straight at the enemy. Tycho goes in this direction as he uses up his sanity bar.

Mephiston kinda loses his entire sanity bar under a big pile of rubble... and then works his way back out of it... How?? There's the game... in the warp maybe? Led by the hand out of the darkness by, what?

I'd buy any BA game my poor old comp' could run.

Mephiston kinda loses his entire sanity bar under a big pile of rubble... and then works his way back out of it... How?? There's the game... in the warp maybe? Led by the hand out of the darkness by, what?

It reminds me of BioWare's Dragon Age and episode in a dream reality... which IMHO copies 40k's Warp :P

Mephiston loses his consciousness and then the game continues in his visions in Warp, where he has to 'collect' certain aspects of his personality which are guarded by different daemons... like his sanity and resolve guarded by daemon of Thzeentch , his certainty of better future - by Nurgle's daemon and so on... and the final battle will be with Khorne's daemon, and whether you win it or not will define Meph's exposure to Red Thirst outbursts....

the death company stage would be terrible. Half of it would be you tripping balls thinking you are the primarch, and the other half would be watching your self kill everything on screen, almost cenematic style because you would have no control over what you do.

Archived