Need help with Predator loadout

bushman101

I always take a Predator in my lists, but find they don't do much. I'm usually taking a AutoCannon with either of the sponson choices, but don't seem to do much versus armor.

Is it worth the points to take the TL Lascannon? Maybe I should ditch the Predator all together for another choice?

The Vindicator seems tempting, but I'm afraid of it being useless due to one Weapon Destroyed result

What else is in your list? Preds w/ autocannons are primarily a light av and horde control platform, the sponsons are so low to the ground that generally there are LOS issues w/ the sponsons. Have your tried dreadnoughts? a dread w/ twin-linnked autocannons puts out 4 twinlinked str 7 shots @ 120 points, this is not bad suppression fire, offers duality and can threaten upto av 13. I would not suggest taking less than 2, then when you concentrate fire your now getting 8 shots per target and producing better chances of nuetralizing the target. I you want to be purley anti av with your preds, then twinlinked LC's is the way to go with a HK, no sponsons though. Going back to the dreads though supporting them w/ dev ML squads is a great source of anit av as well.

Ashton

A vindicator can still be used to Ram after a weapon destroyed (and can be effective)

Personally I have killed 2 monoliths in a game like this (until my opponant got tired of the thing and focused on it)

For Predator options; a Baal Pred with Assault Cannon is effective (4 chances of Rending (someting to think about))

Brother Claws

Archived