Meltabombs

It's entirely possible that this has been asked before and my search-fu is weak, but I don't know what to do with those handled canisters that are apparently meltabombs. Are these actually meltabombs? Where do they go on a model? Is there some other way that meltabombs are normally modelled, or are they normally ignored?

Before it's asked: I'm wondering because of Vanguard Veterans.

Most people cut off part of the handle and shove it into a grippy arm. Like I did for my deathwatch.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/IMG_1378.jpg

I've seen that it works better on guard because thy have smaller hands. Just file down the handle a bit :)

If they came in the Assault Squad box, yes, they're meltabombs.

If they came in the Devastator box, they're supposed to be ammo boxes/cans/cylinders, but can reliably be used as meltabombs.

Assault box. I have other plans for the plasma cannon ammo. :lol:

Most people cut off part of the handle and shove it into a grippy arm. Like I did for my deathwatch.

See, the problem with that is that I was hoping to model these onto Vanguard Veterans--they have their hands pretty full with other weapons.

Has anyone seen meltabombs hung from a belt with success?

See, the problem with that is that I was hoping to model these onto Vanguard Veterans--they have their hands pretty full with other weapons.

Well then since Vanguard come with some arms in 2 pieces, just glue a different arm on. Or chop an arm off, or take a pistol out of a hand. But you have actually given me a genius idea, thanks :devil:

This is how I do my meltabombs.

For Vanguards I recommend the left sollution if the have a jumppack.

If necessary I would just put it on the base. I have seen a few models from a a WW2 table top. A Commander had some kind of Flagg in both hands - but was rulewise also armed with an mp40. The mp was on the base in a weapons box . This can look quite cool if your base is nicely desigend. Usually the bases of out models are quite small - but it should work for a small meltabomb.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CU7YTj9NBSs/TP6TTrux3-I/AAAAAAAAADY/xTETFIbBvvs/s912/IMG_2087.JPG

Archived