The Biggest Apocalypse Battle in History - January 22, 2011

linnear

Hey all. My name is Alec Peters and I run he SoCal Apocalypse CLub out of the GW Los Angeles Battle Bunker. I also run www.apocalypse40K.com, which is a forum dedicated to, what else, Apocalypse sized games!

On January 22nd, 2011 we will be holding the biggest Apocalypse Battle ever at all 4 US Battle Bunkers (L.A., Seattle, Chicago and Memphis) as well as a few tables at Warhammer World in the UK and the Norway Apocalypse Club. All the sites will be linked into one massive game with a common narrative of a whole system under attack.

If you play Apocalypse and want to be part of it, please come and check out the info on our site. We are working with the guys from Siegeworld, the Apocalypse club from Saint Louis who started putting rules and records down for this stuff. And in case you are interested, here are the current records:

Currently, according to Siegeworld, the records are:

Most Points in a Single Game

This requires all models to participate in a continuous game on one table, interconnected or otherwise. All models must be painted (3 color) and the game must last 4+ turns over an unbroken time period (eg-with some breaks, but no "pause and come back the next day"). The record was set by Siegeworld in St. Louis MO. on 8/14/10 at 382,000 points

Most Points in a Single Battle

Similar to the above, but models don't need to be painted, and two or more disconnected tables. Anything goes so long as it is interrelated and simultaneous. Allows for multi-location play, discontinuous tables, unpainted minis, etc. No turn requirements. The record was held by Siegeworld at 433,000 points (also the first group to play a 400k game of 40k), but was surpassed in September, 2010 at GMI Games in Riverside, CA with 520,000 points.

Most Tank Models in a Single Battle

Anything with an AV, MCs, and GCs count as one, so long as they're painted. Single battlefield as per the first record and no turn limit (Siegeworld did not break this record) GW Manchester UK holds the title with 2,562 models.

Most Minis in a Single Battle

See Most Points in a Single Battle. Same restrictions apply. This record is anything goes so long as it is interrelated and simultaneous. A miniature is counted as any piece which has its own base or does not use a base. Essentially, if it can be moved on its own (thus a swarm base is a single miniature). Siegeworld is the current holder of the record, at 6,500 minis done in St. Louis MO. on 8/14/10.

So we will be going for both the biggest GAME record, as well as the biggest BATTLE record. If you have a game group that wants to participate, or you want to come and play at any of the locations, join the Apocalypse40K forums and chime in!

Alec

Sounds interesting. I'm up at Warhammer World the weekend before for an Apoc game, but I'll try and get there for this too.

There is a big tournament that day at Warhammer World, but the store will be putting together 3-4 tables and hopefully a few tables will be available outside as well. I have spoken with Paul Hickey, the store manager, and he is working on it!

Alec

• 3 weeks later...

Just added Australia to The Big Game!

Club: Aurora Australis Gaming Club.

Location: Les Bell Pavilion, Kings Park, Seymour, Victoria, Australia.

Email: barn@live.com

That means over a dozen locations on THREE continents.

Alec

We have added the following locations to The Big Game:

Jennifer Square GW Store, Annapolis, MD

Borderlands GAme Store, Greenville, SC

And Sigeworld, the big Apocalypse Club from St. Louis, will be hosting a game at the Miniature Market.

The game keeps getting bigger and we hope you will choose to be a part of it!

Alec

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on the Warhammer World participation?

I am working on this now. Unfortunately Pual Hickey, the manager who i arranged things with, has been moved, so I am working my way through the new team there to get the location set. Follow up with me directly at alec@propworx.com and also join the apocalypse40k.com forum for info. But if you email me I will have an answer for you.

Alec

Archived