Storing Sanguinary Guard

Sandboxxx

So I have started playing games with Dante and Sanguinary Guard, howwever I am having major issues transporting them to the store. There is no way my GW case is going to hold these guys and im not quite sold on battle foam or Sabol being able to do the job either. What have you found to be the best option? Have you resorted to pinning all the wings on as well?

Thanks for the help.

If it is just for transporting to your LGS, no shipping or airlines, I'd magnetize them. I have a magnet in the base of almost all my models and just stick them to a magnetic dry erase board.

It's cheaper than a new storage case and is pretty easy to do. Really easy if you use the standard GW bases, just get a proper sized magnet 3/32" thick x 1/4" diameter it think (I'm not certain on these dims so measure first). If you have resin bases, then you have to drill holes in the bottom like I did, still pretty easy.

You can just set the board in the back seat for the drive to the store, and when you get there you don't have to unpack anything.

I have been using magnets myself and putting them in a toolbox with drawers. They all stand up and don't budge in transit, it works for all infantry models very well, I highly recommend it.

I have a variety of issues because of how ridiculous I like my models to be. All of my assault marines, for example, are leaping off of rocks which makes them significantly taller than a model on the flat base.

I use the Army Transport pluck foam. It's really easy to customize, fairly cheap ($8.50/ea regardless of how thick you get the foam) and sturdy. I would measure the height on them and just throw out $8.50 on a single one that deep to test out with. You should be able to pluck out enough for them to stand up with support around the wings easily.

I tend to use the 2" foam with my tall marines, so that's probably more than enough.

I have hard metallic cases that used to hold some very fragile food items. Magnetize the bases, and viola! The models all fit inside the metallic box and they survive the transport! The metal box also prevents anything from destroying itself if I drop the box. If you're using earth magnets, the models still hold onto the box even through some thin padding like paper towels or bubble wrap (the small bubbles) you might just have to pop the ones that its going to sit over however.

Edit: wrong word

I have been using magnets myself and putting them in a toolbox with drawers. They all stand up and don't budge in transit, it works for all infantry models very well, I highly recommend it.

You, sir, are a stinking genius. I'm going to have to find myself a few old toolboxes!

Archived