What to do with 20 pts

BrotherTim

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with 20 extra points in my new 1500 DOA list. I realize you can't offer advice without knowing the list so...

Dante

Libby w/ Jp (FoD, SoS)

2 x 10 Man RAS 2mg, vet w/ HF & PW

Sang Guard w/ 2 IP & PF

6 Man VV JP, PF, vet w/ 2 LC

3 Sang Priests w/ JP

This is a very straight forward list, as I plan on separating the RAS into combats; a tank hunting squad and anti-infantry squad. Libby is simply a support character used to protect my troops and chase low leadership troops away. In my last game he made a 10 man BA assault squad run off the table the turn after they deep struck in. Anyway, I would appreciate advice in how to spend the last 20 points. Thanks!

Well, Melta bombs give you that extra little antivehicle punch that is worth it if you seem to have issues shooting your melta guns (mine like to miss)

Or, you can drop a priest, that gives you 95 points to play with for perhaps a 5 man squad or you could drop your sang guard, buff your VV out a little more, perhaps even throw in a furioso

Agreed on the MB. Failing that upgrade the power weapons in the RAS to PF. Alternatively drop a HF and give the SG a chapter banner. +1 attack for Dante, the squad, and the priest with FC and FNP. Nasty.

What about dropping a priest for some more oomph. 2 Priests is a lot of coverage.

Dante

Libby w/ Jp (FoD, SoS)

2 x 10 Man RAS 2mg, vet w/ PW, one has a HF

Sang Guard w/ 2 IP & PF + Chapter Banner

6 Man VV JP, PF, vet w/ 2 LC , 3 Storm Shields.

2 Sang Priests w/ JP , one with a power weapon.

That tweak gives you a good hammer/anvil thing going on. Dante+Libby+PW priest and Sang Guard are the hammer, they smash stuff on the charge, the banner gives everyone +1 WS5+ PW attack, (an extra 8 for 30 points!) and Dante's hit and run means they don't get bogged down and can always get their power-charges off. Their weakness is they're vulnerable to power weapons, but that's where your Vanguard comes in, they're now the anvil unit with storm shields and can tie up stuff so your hammer can smash into it and bring all those tasty I5 Str5 power weapon attacks to bear

Drop the IP in the Sang guard. (you don't wanna hunt tanks with 'em anyway)

Add a vanguard veteran. (7 makes a single model outside the first circle and that makes it easier to HI successfully)

And I would also take a PF instead of PW+HF on the RAS that Dante don't fly with.

Archived