Praise the Emperor!

Brother_Ovis

Yep, cheesy topic title was called for here :o

So, in short, about me - 33 years old, married with kids (one here, one still waiting to be summoned from the Warp, hehe :P ), homeworld - Poland (for you brothers from faraway sectors - it's a largish country in Central Europe), occupation - full time English literature translator, part time medieval armour maker. In the force since early '90-ties (with an unfortunate 10-years long AWOL just until now) , first purchase - a 2nd ed tactical squad in '93 on a high school language course in Sheffield, UK. Army played - Raven Guard, ca 2k pts.

Nice to meet you too B)

Greetings, my fellow European!

I am The Normish, and I am French, so in honor of the strong ties uniting our great nations, I welcome you to the Bolter and Chainsword.

No doubt you've already located things you like on this board, so I'll skip giving you any links...

To be honest, your life seems very interesting - English literature translator and armorer? I imagine you use that skill to contribute to Medieval Festivals (I know in the Czech Republic they have them often).

I look forward to seeing your Raven Guard army.

Again, welcome.

To be honest, your life seems very interesting - English literature translator and armorer? I imagine you use that skill to contribute to Medieval Festivals (I know in the Czech Republic they have them often).

Yep, that's correct, some of my works are out there somewhere, maybe not in Czech exactly, but on some reenactment fests for sure :tu: Is it interesting? I don't know, I'm just slowly starting to move from translations towards armourmaking - when you reach certain level of quality it pays much better :)

Honestly, I look forward to it too - it takes ages to paint :)

Yep, that's correct, some of my works are out there somewhere, maybe not in Czech exactly, but on some reenactment fests for sure ;) Is it interesting? I don't know, I'm just slowly starting to move from translations towards armourmaking - when you reach certain level of quality it pays much better :P

Honestly, I look forward to it too - it takes ages to paint :)

No problem. I'm a history student, so naturally armor interests me, although my focus lies with the Early Modern period.

Well, the good thing about Raven Guard is that really its two colors: Black and the Company color, which, if you do Fifth Company, is also black! Haha.

Archived