Chapy' Head

FallenLion

The closest match I can think of would be the chaos biker helmet with the skullface minus the horns. Ap0k used it for his chaplain.. Though I can't tell from the pics from the GW store if they still sell the squad with the metal components and the bitsellers I looked through only had the plastic parts. Maybe a chaos player could confirm whether or not they are still sold.

Other than that I would say make a pressmould of the face, cut a the front part of a normal helmet off and put it on there. Smooth the back with a bit of GS.

Trying to get it out of the actual metal model is not only much more work but will probably ruin the helmet and the rest of the mini. You could try drilling holes around the helmet and cut through the rest until you can wiggle/break it out. And if you are willing to sacrifice the whole model for the helmet you can just cut the armour away piece by piece.

But making a pressmould is not only faster, easier, cheaper and less dangerous for your fingers it will also leave you with a perfectly good termi chaplain that you could use yourself/sell/trade again.

Its a big expense for just a skull

You should be able to cut it out skull with a cut down the back and from below (using a razor saw)

You can then trim the pipes off with a file or knife.

The only problem you will have though is with the bottom jaw as I think that with the head tilted its part of the neck collar.

Personally I'd say rather than chop this mini up to get this skull Id start with something like this and GS the eyes in.

Click for Skull

When ever Ive worked with modding metal minis its never gone to plan unless its a simple limb swap.

I hope that helps.

no it doesn't help :)

I just want a way to cover up or get rid of the power cables in the skull - I will keep the mini whole, and just paint it as it is but I don't want the power cables there

A bit like this

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/McCabage/ChaplainHead.png

a quick 10 second job in paint, but a way to do it without damaging the mini

no it doesn't help B)

I just want a way to cover up or get rid of the power cables in the skull - I will keep the mini whole, and just paint it as it is but I don't want the power cables there

A bit like this

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/McCabage/ChaplainHead.png

a quick 10 second job in paint, but a way to do it without damaging the mini

Why didnt you just say that earlier? :cry:

For me it would be to use a small knife to cut them out followed by diamond file to smooth it up. If you make a dog of it then just GS the damage.

Why didnt you just say that earlier? :)

For me it would be to use a small knife to cut them out followed by diamond file to smooth it up. If you make a dog of it then just GS the damage.

sorry if it wasn't clear - ok get the knife but a diamond file?

and what is dramel? [Lord Hal']

Archived