Current year etc

Justin2008

Hey all, im trying to write the fluff for my chapter, and i cant tell what year we are in. I mean i know its the 41st millenium, but the ***.M41 ???

if i was to say go for 400.M41 would that be too old for a average timed chapter??

Many thanks

The Medusa V campaign (published 2006) was dated as 006.m42 in accordance with the old-skool dating of current year +39,000 which GW otherwise abandoned in ten years ago, so by rights if you want to count Medusa V it should actually now be 010.M42.

You wont find an M42 date in any codex however, as far they are concerned 'now' is 999.m41 with the exception of the colour section of the vanilla dex which counts it as 998.m41 (hence the Relictors lack of excommunication)

The most recent date mentioned in any fluff - the Ciaphas Cain novels - is circa 120.m42

So if i say my chapter was founded at 738.M40, would that be ok with the timeline.. not too early, but early enough to consider them a reasonable size chapter?

obviously i dont want my chapter to be as big as the other chapters yet as they are not as old, but want them to be not too young either.

:)

So if i say my chapter was founded at 738.M40, would that be ok with the timeline.. not too early, but early enough to consider them a reasonable size chapter?

obviously i dont want my chapter to be as big as the other chapters yet as they are not as old, but want them to be not too young either.

Chapter size is not dictated by age. All Chapters that more than just pretend to follow the Codex Astartes are roughly 1000 Marines--the Black Templars and the Space Wolves are the only Chapters that I know that are substantially larger than this. Your Chapter, unless you're putting an exceptional spin on things, will be of comparable size.

There are exceptions but generally Chapters are founded in batches rather than individually.

The 26th Founding was in 738.m41, or 361 years ago.

The 25th Founding was sometime between 001 and 411.m40, or 1,588-1,998 years ago.

Archived