Dantes Service Studs

Blindhamster

So... I'm sculpting a replacement Dante for the one I made a couple of years back (those of you that have been here longer might remember him)

I'm working on his head right now, and the thought occured, I've no idea how many service studs the lord commander has.... he's been around for eleven hundred years at least... is that 11 service studs? or? something else?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I did a quick google search and came up with the same thing I vaguely remembered. Something about different colored ones. Bronze for 10 years, silver is 50, and gold for 100. But then the Blood Angels are all about aesthetics so they probably keep it to a minimum. Could always have a special blood drop stud for the chapter with the longest lived marines.

It's 'cite'.

And I can't find it. I could have sworn I'd seen it somewhere reputable, but IA BA mentions that he's "lived for nearly 1100 years", so I honestly don't know where I got it from.

lol and C:DoA and the latest C:BA says he's led the chapter that long, there's a bit of conflicting fluff on the topic, that's why i wanted to know where you saw that.

i rember reading somewhere that some chapters studs represent different lengths of time too. Always think of an old wolf with quite a few studs giving off to a 'inferior' blood angel that he takes to be a newb, and the ba takes off his helm and insert onto his pure face are many many studs more than the wolves leaving him perplexed and ending the argument...

But then the Blood Angels are all about aesthetics so they probably keep it to a minimum. Could always have a special blood drop stud for the chapter with the longest lived marines.

As Blood Angels tend to be art-loving and aesthetically beautiful guys, I think they either keep the studs to a minimum (as was mentioned) or make their own insignia (maybe some markings on their armor?). I personally think that these studs on the face make one pretty ugly and a bit scary, so it seems unlikely that BA make such things.

I'm with that argument. The older one is, the more likely an aesthetically pleasing record of service is used.

*shrug*

Maybe a binary system is used. with stud colour suggesting position.

Century

1 iron

2 silver

3 iron+silver

4 gold

5 gold+iron

6 gold+silver

7 gold+silver+iron

8 platinum

9 pl+iron

10 pl+silver

11 pl+silver+iron

12 pl+gold

13 pl+gold+iron

14 pl+gold+silver

15 pl+gold+silver+iron

16 a jelly baby

etc

Dante's over 3000 at this point.

So plenty of studs.

& yet still doesn't get 'eternal warrior'

I'd say he'd have something customised, like a BA sigil instead of loads of studs.

I heard he had a vision of himself in the future that for some reason didn't make it into the 'collected visions' book.

gallery_42390_5425_2157.jpg

And with sooo many studs he'll definitely get "Infernal Warroir" :D

Archived