8000 pts of Angels

bloodancient

Apoc 3 on 3 only 3 showed up supposed to be 4k each player. So 2 on 1 they each took 4k of chaos and 4k traitor gaurd I brought out all 8k of BA I have. turn 1 all normal turn 2 death strike vortex missle takes three land raiders full up with Tacs. 1300 points gone in a blink. sucked bad.

other than that one no big deal then on turn three the Angels came to fruition I broke the two armies in half on the board. sent terms Preds and Baals at the chaos and assault squads VV and Sang Guard at the Traitor Gaurd Devs right in the middle spliting fire. My borrowed bane blade lasted the game and so did the Chaos shadow sword but it was imobilised completely and took all of its weapons.

Turn 4 The second term squad comes on Flank marching and tears the back out of the chaos force along with a Furioso and Assault cannon dread. The Sang gaurd take out ogryns and yarrick that had a capt. and Assault squad held up for 2 turns. Not one enemy Leman russ can bring any fire power to bear and he has nothing but a chimera and sentinel left on that sice of the field. the demon princes finally take out 2 pred annihilators and lost summoned demons to DS mishap table. Then the vendettas drop troops and fail to destroy a baal.

5 Objective time cleared off zerkers from #1 with red thirst assault squad. put enough points on #2 (vital) to undoubtedly contest. consolidate on #3. And acert our dominance on #4 By putting Yarrik in the ground now it's time to close the loop. while holding still on my side I pushed from the enemy side with terms dreads VV and Baals to make them back in on themselves. deamon prince goes down clear a plaque marine squad off the Vital and clean up the oblits and chaos marine squad. They retaliate by getting the last Annihilator and one Baal oh and 4 tac marines and a term.

total kills terms, tac, 2 defilers, tac, plague, possesd, Zerkers, blood letters, oblits, Prince, raptors, pred, 3 heavy weapons squads, ogryns, yarrik, 2 command sqauds, 4 Russes, chimera, 2 sentinels, 2 veteran squads, 2 gaurd squads, I think thats it

total losses 3 tacs 3 raiders 3preds Assault squad 1/2 term squad, 1Baal, 1/2 dev, Ras

I truely beleive that the Sang Gaurd are worth their points.

I truely beleive that the Sang Gaurd are worth their points.

Absolutely when they are in the right place at the right time they can be unstoppable, for what they cost they are a bargain IMHO; 2+sv, power weapon and 12" move without the limitation not sweeping if you win a combat is impossible to match points wize. It can still be overkill I guess which is their main downisde i.e. that whilst being abargain they are still bloody expensive.

Cool battle too BTW, I find Apoc games are more often than not complete clusterf****, but It sounds like having a more intimate game worked out well for you. Ive aways thaught this was a better aplication of the Apoc rules rather than being an exscersise in how many moddels you can cram onto one table.

Archived