GK rumours...

Brother Landrain

• 2 weeks later...
... or just go the whole hog and build yourself a kick-ass GK termy army ^_^

With over 100+ Terminators already...

Just hard to see them collect dust.

Don't forget Landraiders.

Dusty Land Raiders =(

yeah my termies have been sitting it out for awhile now as well, but I had contemplated running my DW as 'counts as.' I wasn't tempted by the SW book because feilding our DA's using filthy dog rules was never an option for me, but using GK's a base seems more in line with the fluff, or maybe I just want to feel that victory feeling you get when 25 dudes and two tanks hold off an army 2 or 3 times as big.

If you can remember back to when DW squads had two AssCans for every 5 guys you might remember that feeling.

I wasn't tempted by the SW book because feilding our DA's using filthy dog rules was never an option for me,

The Fang will hear about your offenses against our honor!

Even if I had DW, I would stay loyal to my DA dex. I use Greenwing still Much better than C:SM.

9/10? :rolleyes:

The way I see it, it will be like when 4th ed rolled out screwing my DW with 5 man squads and LR's that were now defunct. I am just waiting it out till hopefully in the next 18-24 months a new dex/ update will bring us in line with the newer dex's then my full 130 strong Deathwing will rock!

Fingers Crossed!

Cheers

Even if I had DW, I would stay loyal to my DA dex. I use Greenwing still :devil: Much better than C:SM.

Define 'better'

Fits my playstyle. High leadership, better Smoke .etc.

It also plays faster than marines, and hits harder. No pretty toys, but I play to my strengths. Speed, Aggression, Surprise :D

I'd be interested in seeing your list, because from my experience it's rare that you can run a build that's 'better' than the C:SM codex.

A specific point on the higher leadership though. Rites of battle isn't that great, when half the time you want to fail Leadership tests to avoid assault anyway. DA Tacticals really miss Combat Tactics.

• 2 weeks later...
The way I see it, it will be like when 4th ed rolled out screwing my DW with 5 man squads and LR's that were now defunct. I am just waiting it out till hopefully in the next 18-24 months a new dex/ update will bring us in line with the newer dex's then my full 130 strong Deathwing will rock!

Fingers Crossed!

Cheers

I bet we see something in WD around September.

Yea right now I'm just using the Codex:SM count as stuff. I know but when you are playing in a HIGH compititive area, were lot of great players who know how to make lists, you kinda have to met them in some point. I told some people ya playing as Dark Angels they say what book you using I said SM, they were like oh ok least your not playing as the BA or SW, which wouldn't make sense.

But its your Marines use them the way you want.

But I'm going to Sit on the C:SM till our codex comes or update giving us a 3+ StormShield! and other less points bikers or better, to symbolize the VETERAN status!

I just wonder if we will ever see a "Pupwing" (DA using SW codex) vs Knightwing(Greywing? nah knightwings sounds better. A DA using GK codex).

Could be intersting.

Maybe this will be the new way for DA. Instead of having our own Dark Angel codex for 5th edtion, we will be like The Lion and use our strategic

abilities, and use what ever codex we want that best represents us. Talk about using strategic abilities eh? :lol:

Archived