MK IV regular Dreadnoughts

Quixus

I prefer the Mark IV dreadnoughts over the Mark V. As far as I know GW only sells this Mark as a Venerable dreanought. Are there options in the kit to make it less blingy or do I have to use sandpaper and greenstuff?

FW dreads are a bit too expensive for my taste especially if you want options (arms sold separately).

Another Question, are any of the FW arms compatible with the Venerable Dread from GW?

Hi

You could kitbash the GW Venerable with a standard dread, use the arms/greaves from the standard and the sarcophagus and torso from the venerable.

This is an expensive solution though, but you do end up with a second dread (which you could sell on).

As far as i know, the FW arms should fit onto any dread torso, including the chaos dreads.

Thanks for the link, but I already know the tutorial.Unfortunately since I neither have AoBR nor a Terminator Box, this kit bash won't be much cheaper or easier to make than sanding down a Venerable Dreadnought. Even if I acquired the bits, I' d still only have one Arm combination AFAIK (DCCW, Multimelta). As I'm using Codex: Blood Angels the removal of "bling" needn't be that thorough either, since there are no Venerable dreads in the Armylist and decorating armor isn't exactly unlike BA. ;)

Does anyone know about the compatibility of the different arms?

Forgeworld do 3 types of MkIV dreadnought - Ironclad, Standard and Venerable. All can be seen on the top 2 lines of the following link:

MKIV Dreads

I'm not sure whether the MKIV weapons fit the standard GW plastic, but the MKV do, I bought several MKV weapons to use my DA dreads as Mortis pattern, perhaps you could ring their customer services and enquire?

perhaps you could ring their customer services and enquire?
I just sent them an email, I have time. If they don't reply I can still make an international call.

[EDIT]That was quick:

All the Forge World Dreadnought arms will fit on the Games Workshop Venerable Dreadnought and on the Standard Games Workshop plastic Dreadnought.

Yay, Options.

Is it just me or do the FW Close combat arms just scream Blood Talons?[/EDIT]

Thanks for the offer of support. Guess it will be a project for after Christmas or later.

I found this document at GW's site.

For my no frills MK IV I'll probably go with helmet 18 or one from the regular squad sprues; fronts 10, 24, 25; greaves 34, 35; weapon arm 58,61/59,62. Most likely Assault Cannon and Lascannon. For a bit of bling the Dreadnought will be fitted with the handlike DCCW with magnetized flamer and stormbolter.

Pictures though will be difficult as I don't have a camera.

In the not so near future I may buy some more arms from FW.

I took a shoulder pad and glued it on the shaved down sarcophagus front and then glued a piece of credit card I warped around it. Sorry for the bad pictures.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/776/img1848r.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/844/img1851h.jpg

Archived